Why I'm vegan?

General Vegan and Vegetarian Talk forum. Learn about veganism and its relation to environment, morality and human health.
AndyBa
Vegan Zealot

Why I'm vegan?

Postby AndyBa » Feb 19, 2005 12:37 pm

Let's everybody write their story here.
How did you become vegan/ vegetarian?
And why are you still vegan/vegetarian at the moment?

DollyDimples
Active Vegan Talker

Postby DollyDimples » Mar 2, 2005 12:55 pm

I wanna hear your story Andy! :)

xDDx

:blob3:

AndyBa
Vegan Zealot

Postby AndyBa » Mar 3, 2005 9:33 pm

Jesus!!! i don't remember well.. I was 11 when i started.. to be more precise stopped eating meat. :)
Had to fight everybody around, to let me eat what I want! :) I was very lucky that my brother Sergio became veg 2 months after I did. together we could fight my parents easier.. :boxing:

So how did I do it. Well it was that period of my life
when people usually ask a lot of questions like what is the sense of life, what is good and what is bad etc. I went through Bible, then through some Buddhist books, then some Dao so I got different ideas and answers to these err.. question..
Also I was practicing martial arts.. it happened so that I was going to Kung-Fu classes with guys much older then I was. And there were a couple of them visiting a Krishna temple and preaching about Krishna a lot. So thus happened the introduction to vegetarianism i.e. I found out that it is possible to
not eat meat and be healthy and what is not the least important strong. :) Cause the strongest guys from our club were vegetarians.

So how exactly did I stop?
Well... I was eating meat that day, probably wasn't too hungry so I was playing in my plate with it. Looking at my food very carefully. Then at one moment I started noticing all these veins, the bones, muscle tissues the skin. And I thought: Shit!!! This is very similar to what I consist of.. How can I eat it? I wouldn't like to be eaten like this, so why do I do the same to others... There were a lot of other thoughts about this but since then I stopped eating meat...
That's my story.
The End. :)

DollyDimples
Active Vegan Talker

Postby DollyDimples » Mar 8, 2005 4:24 pm

Cool story, thanks Andy!

Do you still practice martial arts?

I practice Jiu Jitsu - used to kickbox but had to "retire" because of a severe elbow injury (dislocation).

xDDx

AndyBa
Vegan Zealot

Postby AndyBa » Mar 10, 2005 1:49 pm

Wow!!! No way! Do You practice Ju-jutsu!!? :blob8:
Wow! amazing!
I started to practice jiu-jitsu last spring it's almost one year.. And I just love it.
Here is a Ju-jutsu website I made for our Association:

Hannah
Vegan Forum Beginner

Postby Hannah » Mar 10, 2005 9:15 pm

I've always wanted to do martial arts but never had the guts to take a class. :roll:

anyways... I was 11 too when I became veggie. I remember I was in the car with my mum, dad and sister on vacation in France. We were on the motorway and this huge lorry went past with hundreds of chickens in small cages, I asked my mum why there were so many chickens in the back of the lorry and she just smiled and said that they were probably going to the slaughter house to be killed for meat. That's when it kind of hit me that i'd never really comprehended the meaning of 'meat', I was really mad at myself for never questioning it before, and thats how I became veggie, it wasn't until 2 years later that I learnt about the horrific conditions and the suffering the animals go through, so that didn't really have anything to do with my decision to go veggie, but it is the main reason i still am veggie.

It's kind of scary really that the only reason I know about the conditions of livestock is because I AM vegetarian, it doesnt really leave much hope for the people out there that arn't vegetarian, they may never know about how animals are treated before they reach their plates. I had a friend that was cooking a chicken dish for her mum on mothers day, she rang me up to ask how to cook chicken as she hadn't seen it raw before, she just presumed chicken was white before you cooked it, she wasn't sure she'd bought the right thing. Shocking!

AndyBa
Vegan Zealot

Postby AndyBa » Mar 10, 2005 11:15 pm

Indeed it's shocking.

I've always wanted to do martial arts but never had the guts to take a class.

What stopped you?

DollyDimples
Active Vegan Talker

Postby DollyDimples » Mar 11, 2005 6:01 pm

AndyBa wrote:Wow!!! No way! Do You practice Ju-jutsu!!? :blob8:
Wow! amazing!
I started to practice jiu-jitsu last spring it's almost one year.. And I just love it.
Here is a Ju-jutsu website I made for our Association:
http://jujutsu-md.org/english/index.htm

Hey Andy!

It's almost a year for me too! <<== although i was on the sidelines for 6mths with 3 ruptured ankle ligaments :roll: A badly delivered O-soto-gari took me out good and proper!

Love the site - the graphics are brilliant!

I love jitsu though ... there's nothing like paying to be thrown around like a ragdoll! I must be a masochist :lol:

xDDx

AndyBa
Vegan Zealot

Postby AndyBa » Mar 11, 2005 11:01 pm

No you've got to be a sado-masochist to like jitsu. :lol:

although i was on the sidelines for 6mths with 3 ruptured ankle ligaments. A badly delivered O-soto-gari took me out good and proper!

Yeah.. it happens. I'm quite lucky though, I only got my elbow stretched once.. had to heal it for several months.. But I love jitsu, it's like magic sometimes. :)

BigBecka
Lord of the posts

Postby BigBecka » Dec 2, 2006 8:17 pm

Why I'm vegan
(Well, I'm lapsed - it's quite a struggle convincing those around me that I'm not crazy - trying to get back into it because I feel greasy and horrible...) :oops:
Had a lifetime of weight problems, joint pain, lethargy, etc. This reached a crescendo in my final year of university, when I was obese, plagued with tension headaches and sickness, had an immune system that let every bug known to man through, and my skin broke out horribly. I was regularly told by medical staff and family / friends that I was suffering "stress" or just a hypochondriac. Noone could understand why I was so fat and ill when I always exercise and watch what I eat. Eventually I read a little about lactose intolerance, and figured it may be the problem. One day I surfed the net for dairy-free recipes and hit the vegan website. Lost two stone that summer and hardly get headaches any more!

AndyBa
Vegan Zealot

Postby AndyBa » Dec 2, 2006 10:21 pm

Hey, BigBecka!
Welcome to the forums!

So you have become vegan for health reasons?
Nice start! :)
For how long have you been vegan?

BigBecka
Lord of the posts

Postby BigBecka » Dec 3, 2006 1:19 pm

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the welcolme, it's been really good to read everyone's stories on here, I was starting to feel rather alone in the world! :wink:

I've been vegetarian and on/off vegan for about two and a half years. Though my Dad's been vegetarian for years (and makes the best vegetarian italian food when let loose in the kitchen), so I was used to the idea of not eating meat. (My mother's as vehemently carnivorous as he is vegetarian, so I was bought up on meat and dairy).

It seems you've been vegan for some time? As a town-dweller, it's kind of scary to see everyone's ethical reasons for being vegan - I consider myself fairly intelligent, but I'd never really questioned where milk came from :oops:

WarChild
Passionated Vegan Talker

Postby WarChild » Dec 4, 2006 12:12 pm

BigBecka wrote:it's quite a struggle convincing those around me that I'm not crazy

Do you think it's easier to convince everyone else that they are crazy? :)

BigBecka
Lord of the posts

Postby BigBecka » Dec 4, 2006 7:32 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yep, I've long thought it's everyone else who's crazy! I'll try that one :lol:

You know, at some point somebody thought, I'm going to take my cow's milk, leave it in a bucket to go mouldy, wrap it up in muslin and leave it to go mouldy some more, then call it cheese and eat it. Weird thought...

WarChild
Passionated Vegan Talker

Postby WarChild » Dec 5, 2006 9:05 am

Heh, this is just a dirty trick called positive thinking :)

ChrisCrossCMP
Advanced Vegan Talker

Postby ChrisCrossCMP » Feb 2, 2007 8:59 pm

*laughs* I was 11 when I became a vegetarian, too. What an interesting age...

I had never really connected the word meat with animals. 'Chicken' I understood, but words like 'pork' and 'beef' I did not. I couldn't connect ANY food that I ate with a living, breathing, feeling animal.

I was driving back home with my Dad from somewhere and he stopped at a light, and I peered out the window. Of course, what met my eyes was a..a...beaver or...duck...or some mangled roadkill on the side of the road. It's insides were everywhere. When we got home my Dad offered me leftover steak and it looked exactly like the roadkill, which got me thinking.

So I looked up some stuff online...about slaughterhouses and everything....and watched some videos....and I knew right away that I just HAD to be a vegetarian. It was right around Christmas time so I requested books on vegetarianism, and my Mom got the idea.

How I stopped eating meat? Easy. I 'just didn't.' :lol: Well, it was harder to imagine myself eating meat than it was to stop.

AndyBa
Vegan Zealot

Postby AndyBa » Feb 3, 2007 5:00 pm

hm..
It's quite amazing that already 3 users wrote that they became veg*ans when they were 11.

:roll:

BigBecka
Lord of the posts

Postby BigBecka » Feb 4, 2007 6:48 pm

It is interesting... I know what you mean about not connecting meat to animals. We were taught a very idealised version of farming in school (Daisy the happy cow, in a straw hat, has to be milked every day or she'll get ill. The sheep cavort around happily). The concept of slaughter and meat was neatly avoided until we were older, and the technicalities of dairy were never brought up at all.

optomeb
Active Vegan Talker

Postby optomeb » Feb 4, 2007 8:11 pm

BigBecka wrote:We were taught a very idealised version of farming in school (Daisy the happy cow, in a straw hat, has to be milked every day or she'll get ill. The sheep cavort around happily). The concept of slaughter and meat was neatly avoided until we were older, and the technicalities of dairy were never brought up at all.

Is there a legal way to educate children about this? From this post it's obvious that children are more open to expressing compasion to animals and to become vegans.

AndyBa
Vegan Zealot

Postby AndyBa » Feb 5, 2007 5:59 pm

Is there a legal way to educate children about this?

:)
There is... cartoons like the one below is a way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05zhL1YUd8Q

lunarflowermaiden
Advanced Vegan Talker

Postby lunarflowermaiden » Feb 5, 2007 9:38 pm

AndyBa wrote:
Is there a legal way to educate children about this?

:)
There is... cartoons like the one below is a way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05zhL1YUd8Q

This would make a great educational video for children. The part about humans not having nocturnal vision cracked me up because it reminded me of last night when I went into the living room and all of the lights were turned off and I was searching for any lamp that I could possibly find. I was stumbling around like I was drunk and trying to feel where I was at. It wasn't a fun experience, to say the least :lol:.

AndyBa
Vegan Zealot

Postby AndyBa » Feb 20, 2007 10:52 pm

Well... human sight can accommodate to darkness but not enough for hunting in the dark.

BigBecka
Lord of the posts

Postby BigBecka » Mar 1, 2007 8:28 pm

This is really scary....

Farming Mysteries
Thousands of British children think that cows lay eggs. Many others think that bacon comes from sheep.
A poll of a thousand children aged between 8 and 15 by Dairy Farmers of Britain found that only 3% of urban children knew that beefburgers came from cows, compared with 8% of children in rural areas.
However, all the children knew that milk came from cows.
Young people's ignorance of food and farming is being addressed by ministers, who plan to send every school child on a farm visit this year.

The Times, Wednesday 28th February, www.timesonline.co.uk

While all the children knew that milk came from cows, I wonder how many people knew it came from female cows who had given birth? A popular cheese advert for children at the moment depicts cows with male voices shooting processed cheese through 'Ghost Busters' style guns...

AndyBa
Vegan Zealot

Postby AndyBa » Mar 3, 2007 9:44 pm

Hm.. Over here I'm pretty sure that children know where the meat comes from... At least I knew when I was a kid :)
But from the other hand, I became vegetarian when I was 11.. so may be they don't know.. shit! :roll:

BigBecka wrote:While all the children knew that milk came from cows, I wonder how many people knew it came from female cows who had given birth?

Becky are you sure about this? Because I'm not.

BigBecka
Lord of the posts

Postby BigBecka » Mar 4, 2007 11:05 am

Becky are you sure about this? Because I'm not.

No, that was just my own thought :wink: But I didn't know about the the link between milk and birth until I was an older teenager. I feel a bit stupid admitting it, but a lot of British families still don't like their children knowing much about reproduction until they're considered old enough. When I was a kid, I just thought cows produced milk constantly, because that was what cows do!

Red Jester
Vegan Talk Frequenter

Postby Red Jester » May 7, 2007 4:26 pm

I didn't become Vegan until I was 24. I had never heard of such a thing.

I found out that my spiritual advisors and other valued teachers in my life were Vegan. When I found out what Vegan meant I became one.

This seems to be the Martial Artists thread too. Sensei was Vegetarian.
I practice a style of Karate called Uechi-Ryu.

BigBecka
Lord of the posts

Postby BigBecka » May 7, 2007 9:00 pm

That sounds really interesting - does karate promote vegetarianism? I'm a humble kickboxer, but my sensei wants me to become a martial artist in my attitude, be less lazy, live a little better: I'm not really sure what he means... :roll:

I found out that my spiritual advisors and other valued teachers in my life were Vegan
Sounds like you've been on quite a journey! What sort of spiritual advidsors? :)

Red Jester
Vegan Talk Frequenter

Postby Red Jester » May 8, 2007 8:59 pm

BigBecka wrote:
That sounds really interesting - does karate promote vegetarianism? I'm a humble kickboxer, but my sensei wants me to become a martial artist in my attitude, be less lazy, live a little better: I'm not really sure what he means... :roll:

I found out that my spiritual advisors and other valued teachers in my life were Vegan
Sounds like you've been on quite a journey! What sort of spiritual advidsors? :)

I don't think "karate" promotes vegetarianism. There are a lot of seniors and peirs in my association who are hardcore meat-eaters, heavy drinkers, and occasionally drug users.

Those that practice karate as a "do" (a way of life "karate-do") are more apt, in my experience, to become vegetarian. I see it already in my students. Sensei's Vegan, we want to be Vegan too.

Those that practice karate just as a "jutsu" (an art or combat system), in my experience, seek nothing more. They don't see the martial art as a medium for philosophy or mental and spiritual empowerment.

This of course is just a generalization, and one way is not better than the other. And it is possible, and in my experience the majority (and in my opinion a necessity), to practice karate as both a "do" and a "jutsu".

Not all Sensei's can teach a "do". You have to be living the "do" before you can teach it. Perhaps your Sensei is trying to open your eyes to the possibility that his art is a little more than just a bunch of random kicks, punches, and blocks. If so, be very grateful for your Sensei, he was a good find.

Anyways. ..

The most influential advisor was my Trancendental Meditation teacher. Her character was flawless and powerful. She lived what she preached and set out a path for me that has lead to great happiness.

BigBecka
Lord of the posts

Postby BigBecka » May 14, 2007 6:46 pm

Thanks :D I know Sensei used to do full contact Karate before he started Kickboxing... I will read around the subject a little more :)

Rayman
Vegan Forum Beginner

Re: Why I'm Vegan?

Postby Rayman » Jul 7, 2010 10:28 pm

I just found this thread - it's really good. I ate meat throughout my life until about eight years ago. I had always had a sense of unease particularly after seeing a TV documentary which told the story of how animals are really treated before and during slaughter.

That unease grew the more I delved into the subject until I realised I had to take a stand on a point of principle. I've been vegetarian ever since and am now thinking about making the move to veganism.

AndyBa
Vegan Zealot

Re: Why I'm vegan?

Postby AndyBa » Jul 9, 2010 4:43 pm

It's great you became vegetarian Rayman, welcome to the vegan talk forum.

ClaireGosse
Vegan Forum Guest

Postby ClaireGosse » Jul 13, 2010 7:37 pm

I became vegan because I really started thinking about what I was eating and what the animal went through in order to feed me. I decided that if I was really the animal lover I claimed to be, I should love all animals, not just the cute furry ones. So I became vegetarian and a few months later became vegan. I've been vegan for 12 years now and I would never go back:)

annakarrot
Vegan Forum noob

Postby annakarrot » Aug 6, 2010 4:29 pm

It's great to see so many different reasons to become vegan! And to see how many people started so young! Most impressive!

I became vegan after my mom turned vegetarian. The reasons that mostly persuaded me were the fact that meat came from living beings. No sentient being should have to feel pain or least of all die for me.

I do believe we are the intellectually superior species, our dominance on earth is quite evident. Given this gift, we should use the ability to feel empathy, compassion, concern and extend it to all beings. Each day we are given choices, it is our responsibility to make, what we feel, are the right ones. Our lifestyles should reflect this as well.

We have been given the gift of life and consciousness and should use it to the best of our ability. Let's leave this world and its inhabitants in a better state than how we received it!

snog
Vegan Forum Member

Postby snog » Oct 12, 2010 10:41 am

I'd been vegetarian for a bajillion years. Suffice it to say, i'd been vegetarian almost twice as many years than I was a flesh eater. Had flirted with vegan diet on and off for years. Anyway, I became vegetarian at age 16, then started eating flesh again a year later because I'd gone on one of those high protein/ high fat diets weight. I wasn't overweight, btw. Then at age 20, I became vegetarian for good because, guess what, I was on yet another high protein, but low fat, no carb diet to once again, lose weight. I was only midly overweight. The one week I ate that way, I felt poorly. Kind of queezy and hungry at the same time. So, on new years day, as a resolution,( the only one I have ever made, and did, indeed, keep), I had become vegetarian...

i think these low carb diets are full of balogna( no pun intended). Very unhealthy. I am a carbohydrate maven and never was successful with their reduction in my diet.

While uppermost in mind, factory farmed animals are not the only reasons I prefer to eat vegan most days, but also to avoid carcinogens. A lot of hormones go into the cows which produce milk. (You can see how girls develop way too young these days.. Scary.)

lisa3
Vegan Forum Beginner

Postby lisa3 » Oct 16, 2010 3:26 pm

Here is my story: I have been a vegetarian most of my life, however, after reading Eating Animals; I reviewed this book on my site;

http://www.nyaproductreviewer.com/2010/ ... -foer.html

I realize that I need to make a change and completely obliterate all animals products from my diet and life. There is no way I am supporting the shady barbaric factory farming industry in an way, shape or form.

kr2009
Vegan Forum noob

Postby kr2009 » Nov 3, 2010 7:02 pm

I got turned onto it by the Skinny Bitch series, Alicia Silverstone, animal rights, and Kaeng Raeng detox

CircularMotion
Advanced Vegan Talker

Postby CircularMotion » Nov 3, 2010 10:36 pm

I feel like a fledgling veg here. :) I became vegetarian actually a year ago to this date. It all started with someone I'm willing to bet a lot of you are familiar with...

Earthlings.
The pure shock value of this movie turned me off meat instantly, and I haven't eaten it since. For a few days after it was purely the inability to stomach meat, but within a few weeks I read all I could possibly find about vegetarian diets and animal cruelty etc etc. I still learn every single day and I really like sharing my knowledge with people in a way that I feel like they can relate to a little bit, without being really pushy.

Even further, I'm definitely a new vegan! It's probably be just about three weeks, but I can't imagine ever going back. I feel even better than I did from the switch from meat->vegetarian. I do struggle occasionally with cravings, but MOSTLY the frustrating thing is the unavailability of vegan food on campus. :( It's very frustrating to have to go all the way back home and make something, because often it's just not possible to make enough food for a twelve hour day.

But I've rambled...

meign
AR Knight

Postby meign » Nov 4, 2010 1:16 am

It seemed that Earthling is a good tool of converting people to vegan :D

CircularMotion
Advanced Vegan Talker

Postby CircularMotion » Nov 4, 2010 2:42 am

meign wrote:It seemed that Earthling is a good tool of converting people to vegan :D

It is nicknamed the vegan maker for a reason! :)

Veganarchist
Vegan Forum Guest

Postby Veganarchist » Nov 7, 2010 12:56 am

Originally I just didn't like meat so I tried to avoid it when ever I could. Later I started studying nutrition and realized how meat has no fiber and was filled with saturated fat, cholestoral, hormones and other things, then also reading about dairy and it being like liquid meat where the animal protein leaches calcium out of your bones. Learning about that I tried to avoid them even more. My dad noticed this and tried to make me eat them anyway getting real upset if I didn't. Later I watched PETA's video "Meat your meet" and started crying(I had always liked animals before, but this really strengthened my feelings). That was when I officially became vegetarian. My concerns for animals were growing after that and slowly I was eliminating dairy and eggs too even though my parents were against it. When I officially became vegan my parents gradually learned to accept it and are now supportive of it. Now they take me to vegan restaurants and such. It took a while but I'm glad I made it through even with the conflict.

meign
AR Knight

Postby meign » Nov 8, 2010 2:36 am

I think so circularmotion... Yes it is, as you read this topic, you prove that the nickname fits in.... lol

sable
Vegan Forum Beginner

Postby sable » Dec 8, 2010 10:06 pm

I first became a vegetarian when I was 15 (I'm 17 now) on March 1st. Primary reasons were I was influenced by PETA's campaigns (I no longer am a "member" of PETA), my love for animals, health reasons, and disinterest in meat. Before I had even discovered PETA, I was already interested in vegetarianism. I found it hypocritical to be an 'animal lover' if farm animals were not included. Then in order to put this vegetarianism into work, I researched why a meat-free diet was beneficial and how animals were treated inside factory farms. That was how I found PETA, so without hesitation I gave up meat.

Then I went toward a vegan diet a few months a later. I thought it was going to be hard, but it turned out there were many products that were dairy-free. (I thank Whole Foods). I was never a fan of milk or cheese because I was slightly lactose intolerant anyway. Also I have hated milk since I was a child, so soy milk was an excellent delicious substitute for me. I do occasionally miss eggs, but eek. Too much cholesterol.

I guess I've been a vegan for almost 3 years. I am currently still a vegan because
1) I despise the treatment of farm animals in factory farms (non-free range/non-organic methods)
2) Healthy reasons. I can eat A LOT and not worry about my weight.
3) I feel "cleaner" and physically stronger wooo!!!
5) No longer interested in meat.
6) Hate dairy foods.

I'm not against those on an omnivore diet. I believe in hunting for SURVIVAL reasons because it's natural. We see leopards (predators) VS deer (prey). However, I'm against hunting as a sport. What-a-waste-of-life. Life is not easy to give birth too. It even hurts for a pregnant deer like how pregnant humans give birth. Those prey should be saved FOR the "real predators" that are starving drastically. I mean seriously. Humans are not going to be endangered anytime. Anyway, I also believe if you can't watch the animal die, you don't deserve to eat meat. That's the end of my little philosophy.

sable
Vegan Forum Beginner

Postby sable » Dec 8, 2010 10:18 pm

By the way, I just watched that video. Totally love it and agree with it! :D

Trev
Vegan Talk Frequenter

Postby Trev » Dec 9, 2010 12:30 am

I'm vegan b/c i choose not to kill or cause needless suffering to animals.

Superior mental and physical health, long life, and a fantastic moodlift from ending the suffering of other beings are all reasons i'm a vegan. :cheers:

Trev
Vegan Talk Frequenter

Re:

Postby Trev » Dec 9, 2010 3:47 am

AndyBa wrote:Jesus!!! i don't remember well.. I was 11 when i started.. to be more precise stopped eating meat. :)
Had to fight everybody around, to let me eat what I want! :) I was very lucky that my brother Sergio became veg 2 months after I did. together we could fight my parents easier.. :boxing:

So how did I do it. Well it was that period of my life
when people usually ask a lot of questions like what is the sense of life, what is good and what is bad etc. I went through Bible, then through some Buddhist books, then some Dao so I got different ideas and answers to these err.. question..
Also I was practicing martial arts.. it happened so that I was going to Kung-Fu classes with guys much older then I was.

Cool man i myself train Kung-Fu and Tai Chi and it is actually my Teacher who introduced me to becoming a vegetarian and eventually a vegan! Luckily i was 18 at the time and didn't have to fight anyone haha my parents were very accepting so was my family, i think it's b/c they were happy to see me living healthy after my deliquent youth where i studied a whole alphabet of drugs.

YeKong90
Vegan Forum Beginner

Postby YeKong90 » Mar 9, 2012 2:25 am

happy :cheers:
:flower:

lynch009
Advanced Vegan Talker

Postby lynch009 » Jun 15, 2012 2:43 am

I just can't remember how it happen, or what exactly the details. As I remembered I just tend loving foods of vegans..

lynch009
Advanced Vegan Talker

Postby lynch009 » Jun 18, 2012 1:45 am

Thins is very interesting, I love reading your stories.

lynch009
Advanced Vegan Talker

Postby lynch009 » Jun 20, 2012 12:49 am

Nice video..... I really like this video...

aqiyl2004
Vegan Forum Beginner

Postby aqiyl2004 » Oct 10, 2012 3:42 pm

Becoming vegan kind of just landed in my lap. I had no intentions of becoming vegan. I became vegan in February of 2012, and prior to that I was a pescatarian. This was a progression for me through the years as I started to cut meat out of my diet in stages. I first started by removing pig from my diet, then beef, and then poultry. I always ate fish, but not shellfish. In February I was sent a video about an herbalist, Dr. Sebi, who claimed to cure diseases through a plant based diet. I started to research his methodology and it made sense to me. He has been practicing since the early 90's and his methodology is to alkalize the body through a plant based diet and to remove harmful mucus from the body. He uses these methods along with using alkalizing herbs to clean the body's organs on the intra and inter-cellular level. I started to apply this methodology to my life and the results have be inspiring! My energy level and endurance are incredible now! I am in web by trade and my experiences led me to share my experiences via a persona blog/website. I am also a researcher by nature, so I research the natural herbs and foods I eat, and I share that knowledge.

robertpaul
Vegan Forum noob

Postby robertpaul » Oct 22, 2012 10:18 am

I'm going to teach you how to make vegan macaroni. So here we go we're starting with just boiling some water because we're making pasta and I find if I start my sauce the same time as I start my pasta that it's usually done at the same time. So, I'm going to put my two cups of almond milk it's one cup of nutritional yeast and vegan mayonnaise, this is Vegannaise, vegan mayonnaise, and vegan mayonnaise is made from grape seed oil and some other emulsified oils, this is a Scot-free product and it is delicious.

Shylow
Active Vegan Talker

Postby Shylow » Oct 27, 2012 3:46 pm

I was mainly concerned about my health...and animals', and everything else in the equation. 8)

mohawkdog
Vegan Talk Frequenter

Postby mohawkdog » Nov 2, 2012 12:57 pm

The way factory farm animals are treated upsets me more than anything else.

I can't justify a life dedicated to helping animals (in whatever sense that may be) while eating animal products.

Merrygaity
Vegan Forum Guest

Postby Merrygaity » May 31, 2013 10:47 am

You will know more by study this Vgetarian Thanksgiving why you are vegan.

Nanny
Vegan Forum Guest

Postby Nanny » Apr 4, 2016 6:52 pm

I became a vegan because i'm not a selfish prick. To use animals for your own gain, whether it is for taste, fashion, entertainment, or profit, is extremely selfish because they are not ours to use.

• RELATED_TOPICS
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Vegan Chat”