What is a vegan's motivation?

Hi, I’m here for a school project. I am supposed to empathize with a certain group of people, and I chose to be vegan for a while. I need to talk/interview someone and do something. I am trying to eat vegan for a week and am wondering how I can do it. I am posting here to ask for help and guidance. What do I need to do to be considered vegan? And what are some people’s personal stories about becoming vegan/vegetarian? What is your motivation? And also, what can I do to learn more? If someone could reply, it would really help!Thank you for reading this! :slight_smile:

My initial motivation was to get off my medication for diabetes. Within 30 days of adopting a vegan diet I was able to get off my medication while still controlling my blood/glucose. Being a vegan is more than just not eating animal products, it’s more like not consuming animal products which include leather product, products tested on animals and not buying from global corporations that have anything to do with making food or products from animals among other considerations. You will realize that this is no small or easy thing to do as there are products that you would not think were in any way connected to animals like makeup. Some are tested on animals so it’s not something vegans support. I can’t speak for other vegans but it comes down to not harming animals either directly or indirectly.

Thank you! I didn’t know that veganism included any products or materials gained or tested on animals. I will try to abide by this. To be able to avoid these products, I need to identify which are tested on animals. How can I?

Thank you! I didn’t know that veganism included any products or materials gained or tested on animals. I will try to abide by this. To be able to avoid these products, I need to identify which are tested on animals. How can I?
[/quote]
I would look at vegan web sites and forums like this one to see if they know what products are tested on animals. PETA would be a good start. I am relatively new to this so I am learning as I go along as well.

To help all living things

what is a vegan’s motivation ?
can i ask you if for the sake of your project you also did actually see undercover videos from factory farms ? YOUTUBE has plenty of them, or visit Peta wesbite.

Not having seen factory farm undercover videos is not being able to grasp the meaning of being a vegan. :wink: