Spagetti Squash

This is a recipe for tasty spaghetti squash. Easy to make, fun to eat!

(Forgive me if I sort of over explain things)

First off - Your squash should sound hallow when you knock on it. If its not, its not ready to eat. Wait a couple days and knock again. One squash will serve two hungry people.

1. Using a big knife, cut the spaghetti squash in half length-wise, so that you have two wide oval halves
  2. Using a spoon or fork, scrape out the innards of the squash. The innards are a lot like a pumpkin’s innards. You can toast the seeds like pumpkin seeds, they are tasty!
  3. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on the insides of the halves, and then sprinkle some herbs on them. Salt, pepper, basil, oregano, stuff like that, whatever you like.
  4. Bake the halves on a baking sheet for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
  5. After sticking those in the oven, saute some onion and garlic in a skillet.
  6. Take a whole block of tofu, and with your hands, crumble it into the pan. We typically use firm tofu for this, but you do want to crumble it well.
  7. Spice it up with salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and others if you like. Its important to use enough spices, otherwise it will be bland.
    8) Cook the tofu, stirring frequently, on a high heat. You really want it to be this crumble consistency without really any liquid. Its alright (and its tasty) for the tofu to get sort of browned. Taste it occasionally until you like the taste.
  8. When the squash is finished baking pull it out of the oven and fill each half with the tofu mixture. Before doing that make sure its done cooking. The insides should be soft enough to break up with a fork.
  9. Cover it in pasta sauce. We usally also add shredded mozzarella cheese, which can of course be ommitted.
  10. Place it back in the oven and let it bake for 10-15 minutes more, really just until the pasta sauce is sort of warm and the cheese is nicely melted (if you’re using cheese).

And now its ready to eat!

To eat it stick your half on a plate and with a fork break apart the insides of the squash. If you haven’t had spaghetti squash before, this is where you start to see why its called that. It starts breaking up into little strands, like pasta. So you just break it up little by little and eat it with the tofu and sauce as you work your way down.

I just wanted to say that I’ve eaten this and it’s REALLY good :smiley: