veggies:
2 cans(or however many fresh) artichoke heartsq
3-4 green peppers
2-3 red peppers
2-3 yellow peppers
3 zucchini (depending on size)
3 yellow squash ("")
2 large red onions
1 lb. mushrooms… Nigel and I prefer crimi shrooms, use whatever you like!
[marinade will be described in procedure]
at least 1 package of extra firm tofu (last time, we used 3!, lots of
mouths to feed)
Directions:

Marinade and prodedure:
At least 4 cloves of garlic minced, two green onions finely chopped, 2 tbsp of chopped red pepper flakes, 2 tbsp of chopped dried onion, black pepper and cayanne to taste… mix with 1 tbsp of olive oil to 1 part tamari and two parts water.

Take a part of this marinade to the chopped vegetables, soak over night.

Wrap tofu to dehydrate in a towel for 1 hour, cut block(s) in half, then take remainding marinade and soak tofu overnight.

Before preparing kabobs, bake tofu for 15 minutes at 400 in the marinde… this helps keep it firm so it will stay on the kabob. Then cut each half in thirds, each third in half and the half again. From one block you should get 24 pieces.

Now that everything is marinated and ready to go, start assembling your kabobs, have fun with the colors. Your grill should be nice and hot, be careful not to burn. Once on the grill it should only be a matter of minutes before you are experiencing kabob ecstacy!!! enjoy!

I have had great luck with meat-eaters and non-meat-eaters alike. I hope you have the same! This is perfect for a Sunday cook-out, by the pool, in the yard, while watching Simpsons,… whatever… have fun and love to you and yours.

(ps. all proportions above are “guesstamates” you will have to prepare according to the number of people you are expecting to have… the only constant is the 1 part tamari to 2 parts water.)

Serves: depends

Preparation time: depends