I'd sure love a vegan recipe for popovers or Yorkshire puddi

I used to make Yorkshire puddings often. I adore them. But, alas, they call for eggs. I have noted many Brits on this forum and wonder if any of you folks would know of a way to make these puddings sans the eggs.

What’s yorkshire pudding? I am kinda curious, I want to try this…

Yorkshire pudding is basically a giant popover. Made with eggs, flour, milk and meat drippings and eaten with a roast. I’d made them with either whole wheat flour or white, eggs, and dairy milk. I know I could make it with soy or other types of vegan milks, but how to substitute for eggs, I have no clue. I do hope some one can help!

Aren’t egg substitute effective? I have read a recipe that calls for egg but the egg was replaced by water and cornflour.

Well, that might work…corn meal. And something to leaven it. But the primary reason that Yorkshire pudding and popovers taste so great is because of the egg…

I think I will google ’ vegan popovers’ and see what comes up. If i do find something, I will post it, well, hopefully if my iPad will let me copy /paste. It is able to perform this task, but can be capricious.

I think you could try some corn starch or potato starch as a binder, and maybe some baking powder as a leavener.

I’ll be waiting for that post snog… Don’t worry I will help you out… Maybe there something that might even make the popovers taste the same…

Found this site with a wonderful recipe!!!

vegweb.com/index.php?topic=18253.0

I will try this recipe… Thanks snog… Hope the first ingredient from the recipe will be easy to find here… :smiley:

The recipe itself tastes very delicious! I wonder, when this cake will get baked, it will smell so sweet and wonderful. I am crazy for cheese layer which you mentioned that we can add, I guess increases the softness in the cafe. Too much mouth-watering one! Also, I like vanilla and orange/ lemon flavour, but as this is something new, gonna surely try for it.