Janie's Home Cooked Biscuits

INGREDIENTS

o 6 cups flour (whole wheat, white or buckwheat)
      o 1 1/2 t salt
      o 5 t baking powder
      o 2 1/3 cup soy milk
      o 1/3 cup oil 

METHOD
Sift the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle and add soy milk, then oil. Stir just enough to moisten, then turn on to well floured board and knead a little. Roll into 1/4-1/2 inch / 6-13 mm thick, depending on how high you like them. Cut with a 2 inch / 5 cm diameter cutter - tin cans with holes cut in the bottom work good. The bigger you cut them, the less they rise.

Place them real close together on a cookie sheet - don’t leave hardly any space between them and bake in a 450F/230C over for whole wheat, 500F/260C for white and buckwheat. Bake 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven and look on the bottom to see if done (if they’re browned good). You don’t have to oil the pan but sometimes some margarine in the pan makes nice crusty biscuits.

The recipe itself tastes very delicious! I wonder, when this cookies will get baked, it will smell so sweet and wonderful. I am crazy for cheese layer which you mentioned that we can add, I guess increases the softness in the cafe. Too much mouth-watering one! Also, I like vanilla and orange/ lemon flavour, but as this is something new, gonna surely try for it.