* 1 cup sucanat or unrefined sugar
* 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
* 1 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup soy milk
* 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
* 3/4 cup apple sauce
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract

METHOD
Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, rolled oats, baking soda, cocoa powder, sugar and salt until well combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir until well combined. In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy milk, applesauce, rice syrup and vanilla extract.

Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix well until combined (start with a spatula and end with your hands). Drop balls of dough, about 3 T each, 7.5 centimeters / 3 inches apart on the prepared sheet. Press the dough flat with a piece of plastic wrap until the cookies are 8 mm / 1/4 inch thick.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. Let cool on a rack. The cookies will firm as they cool.

The recipe itself tastes very delicious! I wonder, when this cookies will get baked, it will smell so sweet and wonderful. I am crazy for cheese layer which you mentioned that we can add, I guess increases the softness in the cafe. Too much mouth-watering one! Also, I like vanilla and orange/ lemon flavour, but as this is something new, gonna surely try for it.