4 cardamom pods
7 floz (200ml) soya or oat milk
1 oz (25g) sugar
1 oz (25g) vegan margarine
3 oz (75g) semolina
7 floz (200ml) vegan white wine
2 oz (55g) sugar
1. Crack open the cardamom pods and put them into the soya milk to boil, along with 1oz/25g sugar.
2. In another pan, melt the margarine, then add semolina. Stir and cook over a low heat.
3. When the soya or oat milk has boiled, simmer to let the cardamom infuse for a few minutes, strain the liquid into the semolina and stir really well.
4. Allow to cool before forming into balls: try to get six from the mixture so they are not too big.
5. For the syrup, boil and then simmer the wine and sugar for ten minutes. Add the semolina balls and continue to cook gently until the syrup is thick and there is just a little of it left.
6. Serve each ball with a teaspoon of syrup.
Serves 4. By Graham Reekie.
Strictly vegetarian desserts and sweet vegan recipes
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hi Friend, Thank you for sharing that one recipe with us of the members of the forum, I like to have Gulab Jamun recipe's so much and wanna eat it regularly. Thanks again for sharing. Keep sharing more with us.