Coco-Choco Balls

Ingredients:

1/2 cup cashews (or mix sunflower seeds in — in any proportion you want, or use 100% sunflower seeds)
1/4 cup dried, not dehydrated, finely diced fruit (cherries, raisins, dates, figs, apricots, etc.)
1 tbl carob powder
1 tbl cocoa powder (or substitute carob)
2 tbl shredded coconut, chopped very fine or ground
1/4 cup raw (unsalted) almond butter, sunflower seed butter, or tahini (adjust for consistency — add more ground cashew)
1-2 tsp sweetener (honey, agave syrup, sucanat, etc. Amount as desired) — dates sweeten enough without additiional
2 tbl coconut milk (or more for proper consistency)
sesame seeds or chopped, shredded coconut as needed (since these are for rolling, it’s hard to estimate).
Optional: green powder: spirulina/chlorella plus

Preparation:

Grind cashews (a food processor or good coffee bean grinder works well).
Mix dry ingredients: ground cashews, carob, cocoa, and coconut (+ sweetener if crystalline). When mixed well, add dried fruit.
Optional ingredient here is the green powder. Add 1 tbl if desired. Just watch consistency and add more coconut milk if necessary.
Mix in coconut milk, almond butter and sweetener.
Consistency should be moist but able to form into balls and not stick to your hands. If too dry, the ingredients won’t hold together.

Roll amount (recommend ~ 1 tbl – 1 inch diameter) of “dough” between hands.
Roll in and coat with sesame seeds and/or coconut.
Roll again to sink seeds into ball.

This makes about 8 candies. I like to freeze them though it’s not necessary and they don’t freeze entirely but firm up some. These are really good if they sit in fridge overnight; the coconut flavor comes out. If I had a dehydrator, I’d experiment with making brownies. If you have one, you might try it and pass it on

Hi Friend, Thank you for sharing that one recipe with us of the members of the forum, I like to have Choco Balls recipe’s so much and wanna eat it regularly. :slight_smile: Thanks again for sharing. :cheers: Keep sharing more with us. :bounce: