Dog Property Rules

1. If I like it, it’s mine.
  2. If its in my mouth, it’s mine.
  3. If I can take it from you, it’s mine.
  4. If I had it a little while ago, it’s mine.
  5. If I’m chewing something up, all the pieces are mine.
  6. If its mine, it must never appear to be yours anyway.
  7. If it just looks like mine, it’s mine.
  8. If I saw it first, it’s mine.
  9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
  10. If its broken, it’s yours.

Just remove the backslashes please :slight_smile:

He thinks that he is programming :slight_smile:

Obviously, not in Python, where one can avoid using backslashes by combining single and double quotes :laughing:

This sums up our dog to a T. We have a 3yr old, 11 lb yorskshire terrier that we rescued. He’s vegan, of course, as we are. We feed him whatever we are having and he has vegan nibbles down all the time. I also have many recipes that I make just for him as a snack, like whole wheat spinach bagels, whole wheat flax seed pumpkin applesauce cookies(he loves these so much) and peanut butter nutritional yeast fruit cheerio balls and lots more recipes.

Anyway, this is relative because in order to get him to eat sometimes, he’s a finicky eater, we use the tv remote, his stuffed toys or whatever is close at the time and act as if it’s interested in his food. He always responds with a ‘that’s mine’ attitude. 8 out of 10 times he will proceed to eat.

He stays at a healthy weight but I wonder if we stop using this method to encourage him to eat if he will drop below a healthy weight. I’ve noticed if we don’t use this method that half the time he will skip his meal.

I don’t know how ethically correct it is to use this method on him. He’s a really happy dog and seems well adjusted but this method seems a little maladaptive to me. Any suggestions/comments on this will be appreciated.

This dog property is so cute… I would love to tell my dog “it is all yours” lol