Microwave ovens and health

General health discussions for vegans. Discuss tips, tricks and methods on how to maintain Good Health and Physical Fitness while being vegan. Discuss Exercises, slimming diets and much more.
AndyBa
Vegan Zealot

Microwave ovens and health

Postby AndyBa » Feb 21, 2007 12:59 am

I stumbled across some sites that state it's not healthy to eat microwaved food.
How true is this?

BigBecka
Lord of the posts

Postby BigBecka » Mar 26, 2007 9:39 pm

Hmmm, I remember reading something like this too, but can't find anything now... :-?

I do know that you have to be careful when microwaving food that is wrapped in cling-film: some types of cling film can leach toxins into the food.

Sergio
Vegan Talk Veteran

Re: Microwave ovens and health

Postby Sergio » Mar 31, 2007 10:03 am

AndyBa wrote:I stumbled across some sites that state it's not healthy to eat microwaved food.
How true is this?

I think those sites are mostly exaggerated, they claim that microwaves change molecular structure of the food.

Red Jester
Vegan Talk Frequenter

Postby Red Jester » May 9, 2007 2:30 pm

I've always thought that eating microwave food has got to be F-ing me up in some way or another. . .

I'm sure we won't find out for another 20 years or so.

meign
AR Knight

Postby meign » Oct 1, 2010 1:05 am

I have discussed that to a doctor friend of mine and he told me that heating food in a microwave oven can kill some of the nutrients that food has...

expialidocious
Vegan Forum Member

Postby expialidocious » May 19, 2018 7:28 am

:book:
Neither microwaves nor the temperatures commonly achieved in microwave ovens are adequate to kill C. botulinum spores or to inactivate the toxin. - Anaerobic Infections: Diagnosis and Management

Return to “General Health and Beauty Forum”