Ugly Vegans

General Vegan and Vegetarian Talk forum. Learn about veganism and its relation to environment, morality and human health.
MomoPeach
Advanced Vegan Talker
Posts: 80
Joined: Sep 9, 2006 1:52 am

Ugly Vegans

Postby MomoPeach » Nov 22, 2006 3:38 am

Even though my name is vegilover1 I am not a vegitarian because I believe that if you are a vegan you have more than a hasssle ordering at McDonaldsyou can barely eat anything there is only like fries that you can eat there.

MomoPeach
Advanced Vegan Talker
Posts: 80
Joined: Sep 9, 2006 1:52 am

Postby MomoPeach » Nov 22, 2006 3:42 am

That was an accident on putting vegilover1 the person who that is is my sister.

User avatar
AndyBa
Vegan Zealot
Posts: 892
Joined: May 27, 2001 12:00 am
Contact:

Postby AndyBa » Dec 2, 2006 10:26 pm

That's a problem of our society.. and we can change that..
Regarding McDonalds, in my country it's considered junk food, that is not even tasty, and no one really eats their(besides tourists). :)

Nothing compares to home made food!
8)

WarChild
Passionated Vegan Talker
Posts: 188
Joined: Feb 25, 2006 7:13 am

Postby WarChild » Dec 4, 2006 12:14 pm

AndyBa wrote:Nothing compares to home made food!


... especially if someone else makes it for you and you just eat it :P

BigBecka
Lord of the posts
Posts: 513
Joined: Dec 2, 2006 7:53 pm

Postby BigBecka » Dec 4, 2006 7:21 pm

Hmm, [eyes the assortment of boiling pots] that seems to be me today... Ah well, extra colcannon for me :D

Why can't you order anything much at MacDonald's? Apart from their veggieburgers being rank (isn't there a myth that they're fried in the same fat as the meat ones?) and the place being full of screaming toddlers? I know Burger King veggieburgers are endorsed by the Vegetarian Society (though I don't know if they're vegan - can anyone confirm?). Pizza Hut have an initiative to provide half-cheese pizzas if you ask, and can usually be persuaded to make you a cheese-free veggie pizza. A lot of Chinese and Thai food is vegetarian. And everyone round here goes crazy for Subway.

Or you could always do something like support your local economy and eat at a small cafe or restaurant? These places often value their customers more than the big chains, and will quite happily adapt something on the menu if they don't already have a vegetarian or vegan dish. Even if you're not vegetarian, you will usually get a much more satisfying meal, better atmosphere, and better value for money. :P

MomoPeach
Advanced Vegan Talker
Posts: 80
Joined: Sep 9, 2006 1:52 am

Postby MomoPeach » Jan 29, 2007 12:20 am

But don't you guys ever want to just eat like normal people again? Don't you get tired of never eating anything thagt tastes good? Why don't you miss real food? Do you ever feel like giving up the whole dumb thing and just eating without having to spend a half hour looking through the menu for a meal that includes only celery, bread and water? Don't you ever think its just a phase gone overboard?

BigBecka
Lord of the posts
Posts: 513
Joined: Dec 2, 2006 7:53 pm

Postby BigBecka » Jan 29, 2007 9:55 pm

Eugh! Meat does NOT taste good! :oops: Your tastebuds become acclimatised to the high salt, monosodium glutamate and sugar contents of meat and meat products. Once you stop eating the stuff, it smells and tastes awful! I used to be a slave to burgers; now I can't walk past a burger king without feeling like I'm going to retch!

You want food that tastes good? I wish I could mail you some curry from our local :D It doesn't get better!

And I do not spend half an hour looking for celery, bread and water! I don't know where you get this from! Plenty of food is vegan - I've just listed a load of different types of food that are readily available, if you bother to read it!

No, I do not think it's a phase gone overboard. I think it's a new lease of life and one of the best things that ever happened to me. :D

MomoPeach
Advanced Vegan Talker
Posts: 80
Joined: Sep 9, 2006 1:52 am

Postby MomoPeach » Jan 31, 2007 12:51 am

some curry from our local It doesn't get better!


From your local what? Your local toe convention?

I think its really that your tastebuds just aren't used to the taste of meat anymore sense you've wasted so many meals.

lunarflowermaiden
Advanced Vegan Talker
Posts: 84
Joined: Jan 26, 2007 12:31 am

Postby lunarflowermaiden » Jan 31, 2007 5:37 pm

Vegan food is delicious, and I have never felt so good before in my life. I used to wake up every morning with a sick stomach, and I would constantly catch the flu from people. Since I have started going vegan, I haven't had the flu once. I haven't been awakened with a nauseous stomach, as well :).

BigBecka, I am with you with meat smelling nasty. I have never realized how disgusting even the mere glimpse of a chicken breast sitting on the counter, or a package of ground beef, is. My parents eat meat, and I cannot go into the kitchen without smelling or seeing chicken with blood oozing through the packages or ground beef laying everywhere. Often when I come into the kitchen while my mom is cooking, I have to run the other way because I literally gag and feel the reflex to vomit :puke:. I apologize for the gross details, by the way. Anyway, it can be compared to smokers that quit: once the body is used to not smoking anymore, the smell of cigs. completely grosses a person out. I do not smoke, but my father has and quit. It's the same deal for anything nasty that the body consumes.

BigBecka
Lord of the posts
Posts: 513
Joined: Dec 2, 2006 7:53 pm

Postby BigBecka » Jan 31, 2007 7:39 pm

Don't be sore MomoPeach! My local indian restaurant of course! Though I guess I could have been referring to my local pub, which is pretty hot too :D Why is eating what I like a waste?!

It's a good comparison to smoking, lunar...., I'll have to remember that. I used to get ill a lot more, too.

ChrisCrossCMP
Advanced Vegan Talker
Posts: 61
Joined: Jan 17, 2007 10:29 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Postby ChrisCrossCMP » Feb 2, 2007 8:21 pm

Even though I'm just a vegan-wannabe, I haven't had dairy or eggs in 7 days and I'm feeling awesssome. My stomach is a little upset though...kinda misses those eggy veggie burgers...but my Mom will catch me sooner or later :cry:

I must admit it's hard to find vegan foods when I'm eating out. I don't eat out often, but when I do and I'm in the mood for something vegan, it's a little tough, but well worth it.

Have you ever tried a veggie burger, MomoPeach? I had THE mot delicious one at a local diner and it was not only vegan but it kicked @$$ like you wouldn't believe. The flavor was incredible. I bet even YOU would have liked it.

Do you even know what goes into your greasy little McAwful hamburger? Bet ya don't.

http://goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp
http://goveg.com/factoryFarming_cows.asp

Just a random little 'Lauren fun fact' for ya..one of the disgusting things that made me want to be a vegetarian was when I was at my neighbor's house and they had microwavable chicken+mashed potatoes+corn meals and I was given one.....and the chicken part still had the WHOLE SPINE in it. It stuck out like a sore thumb and I started crying...:sad2:

I guess that's all for now.


:headbang:

BigBecka
Lord of the posts
Posts: 513
Joined: Dec 2, 2006 7:53 pm

Postby BigBecka » Feb 4, 2007 6:29 pm

With regard to eating out... When all else fails, money talks!

I went out to L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon in London the other night. Just to get things in perspective, Joel Robuchon was one of the most celebrated master-chefs in France for a long time, and was voted Chef of the 20th Century (!) You can easily pay three figures for an evening meal for two...

Needless to say, I was prepared for an evening of picking at green salad and mineral water. But, much to my surprise, the waiter quickly realised I was vegetarian, gave me a card of all the vegetarian options, and then very politely asked if I was vegan and started suggesting options! I have never been treated with such courtesy and understanding! The food was exquisite (well, it should have been!), topped off with a selection of sorbets (dark chocolate sorbet! and mint!) :D :D :D

So I'm not suggesting everyone eats at these kind of places (I'ld have wept at the bill if I hadn't have been so merry :drunken: ) But it does go to show that you can get some VERY good vegan food.

BigBecka
Lord of the posts
Posts: 513
Joined: Dec 2, 2006 7:53 pm

Postby BigBecka » Feb 4, 2007 6:31 pm

Err, and the chicken spine is gross... :oops: :lol:

MomoPeach
Advanced Vegan Talker
Posts: 80
Joined: Sep 9, 2006 1:52 am

Postby MomoPeach » Feb 5, 2007 1:12 am

ChrisCross, are you stupid? I don't know why you wasted your time posting those links. You should know by now that I don't watch mind control videos or read mind-controling details about how the farms that are the worst of the worst treats their animals. I don't base everything on the tiniest example. If one kid in a school is failing, does that mean that it's a bad school and everyone is failing? It's the same with farms. Just because a few farms are bad doesn't mean they're all like that.

Also, I don't care about stupid veggie burgers when I can eat the real thing. And I guess you expected me to be grossed out that people didn't check your chicken carefully enough, so okay.

And, I have no idea how you can blame meat for the fact that you ended up cathcing the flu, lunarflowermaiden. And I'm sorry you have the most sensitive stomach in the world and I'm sorry you think that it's meat related. Next thing we know, you'll be blaming the fact that you couldn't find your soulmate on the meat, or something else like that. You can't connect everything fortunate thing in your life to going vegan. And it doesn't really make much sense to compare it to smoking, since smoking is bad for you and eating meat is not.

lunarflowermaiden
Advanced Vegan Talker
Posts: 84
Joined: Jan 26, 2007 12:31 am

Postby lunarflowermaiden » Feb 5, 2007 1:50 am

MomoPeach wrote:ChrisCross, are you stupid? I don't know why you wasted your time posting those links. You should know by now that I don't watch mind control videos or read mind-controling details about how the farms that are the worst of the worst treats their animals. I don't base everything on the tiniest example. If one kid in a school is failing, does that mean that it's a bad school and everyone is failing? It's the same with farms. Just because a few farms are bad doesn't mean they're all like that.

Also, I don't care about stupid veggie burgers when I can eat the real thing. And I guess you expected me to be grossed out that people didn't check your chicken carefully enough, so okay.

And, I have no idea how you can blame meat for the fact that you ended up cathcing the flu, lunarflowermaiden. And I'm sorry you have the most sensitive stomach in the world and I'm sorry you think that it's meat related. Next thing we know, you'll be blaming the fact that you couldn't find your soulmate on the meat, or something else like that. You can't connect everything fortunate thing in your life to going vegan. And it doesn't really make much sense to compare it to smoking, since smoking is bad for you and eating meat is not.


Wow! No need to be so defensive, MomoPeach.

First of all, it is not rocket science to relate the wellness of my immune system with my diet. If I eat healthy, I have an increased chance of being healthy. It's as simple as that. Why do you "have no idea" why I would blame eating meat for a weak immune system? It is very unhealthy, and many health professionals WILL tell you that. Second of all, I never claimed to have the "most sensitive stomach in the world," so no apologies are needed. Third of all, I never once said that my vegan diet is the answer to all of the fortunate happenings in my life. I really do not see how you came up with this conclusion. Just because I feel healthier from a change in diet does not mean that I would relate winning the lottery to being a vegan. It has been proven countless times that a vegan diet is healthy for the human body. Maybe if you would stop being so angry and hostile and took the time to do research, you would know this information by now.

User avatar
AndyBa
Vegan Zealot
Posts: 892
Joined: May 27, 2001 12:00 am
Contact:

Postby AndyBa » Feb 5, 2007 5:43 pm

Here is a cool Making Vegan Pizza video, specially for MomoPeach :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwMGgAjxkNA

:lol:

BigBecka
Lord of the posts
Posts: 513
Joined: Dec 2, 2006 7:53 pm

Postby BigBecka » Feb 5, 2007 10:21 pm

What kind of sadist are you MomoPeach?! It's fairly common to feel ill after eating rich food, and it's possible that Lunarflowermaiden may be lactose intolerant.

People who eat meat tend not to eat enough fruit and vegetable, which can mean you don't get enough vitamin C and you become susceptible to colds and flu. I know it's not universally true, and there are healthy meat-eaters in the world, but there you go. Eating dairy can also stimulate mucus production, which means you get more stuffy nose / difficulty breathing. Quite a few sportsmen and singers cut out dairy for this reason.

I've posted on here previously, referencing studies on meat being linked to bowel cancer, breast cancer, and kidney stones. And, of course, there's the cholestorol, the fact that red meat and cheese can upset your blood sugar levels, dairy being linked to tension headaches... So it's pretty bad for you. Just as with smoking or drinking, it is up to you to decide whether you don't care about the risks, indulge in moderation, or cut it out altogether; different bodies react with differing levels of severity, and nobody here is telling you what to choose.

[There are circumstances under which meat or dairy is recommended: namely adolescent girls and pregnant women during times of food shortage, or working men in arctic climates. It is high energy and rich in some nutrients. But we're not in the middle of war rationing or famine right now :wink:]

Why are you on this mad crusade to stop people being vegan? Do you want people who are allergic to dairy or shellfish to just get on with eating it and kill themselves?!
Last edited by BigBecka on Feb 5, 2007 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigBecka
Lord of the posts
Posts: 513
Joined: Dec 2, 2006 7:53 pm

Postby BigBecka » Feb 5, 2007 10:42 pm

:evil: And I feel pissy because youtube won't run on my computer :cry:

User avatar
AndyBa
Vegan Zealot
Posts: 892
Joined: May 27, 2001 12:00 am
Contact:

Postby AndyBa » Feb 6, 2007 5:00 pm

BigBecka wrote::evil: And I feel pissy because youtube won't run on my computer :cry:


Becky, what do you mean?
The video won't play or the site in general isn't working?
May be you just need to install some plugins?
What internet browser do you use?

BigBecka
Lord of the posts
Posts: 513
Joined: Dec 2, 2006 7:53 pm

Postby BigBecka » Feb 6, 2007 8:21 pm

It just takes ages to buffer. Then I can watch about a second, and it starts buffering again :( And I have broadband! I'm using Internet Explorer - maybe Mozilla will do the trick?

ChrisCrossCMP
Advanced Vegan Talker
Posts: 61
Joined: Jan 17, 2007 10:29 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Postby ChrisCrossCMP » Feb 7, 2007 2:29 am

MomoPeach wrote:ChrisCross, are you stupid? I don't know why you wasted your time posting those links. You should know by now that I don't watch mind control videos or read mind-controling details about how the farms that are the worst of the worst treats their animals. I don't base everything on the tiniest example. If one kid in a school is failing, does that mean that it's a bad school and everyone is failing? It's the same with farms. Just because a few farms are bad doesn't mean they're all like that.

Also, I don't care about stupid veggie burgers when I can eat the real thing. And I guess you expected me to be grossed out that people didn't check your chicken carefully enough, so okay.

And, I have no idea how you can blame meat for the fact that you ended up cathcing the flu, lunarflowermaiden. And I'm sorry you have the most sensitive stomach in the world and I'm sorry you think that it's meat related. Next thing we know, you'll be blaming the fact that you couldn't find your soulmate on the meat, or something else like that. You can't connect everything fortunate thing in your life to going vegan. And it doesn't really make much sense to compare it to smoking, since smoking is bad for you and eating meat is not.


Ohh no you didn't. First of all, no, I'm not stupid, thank you very much. I'm probably more educated than you. Second of all, McDonald's used to use [[I don't know if they continued]] beef fat in their french fries. I damn sure will never eat at McDonald's for other reasons as well. They have a negative impact on animals, humans, AND the environment, and that disgusts me. Third of all, if you knew what was good for you, you would realize that you don't belong here and everything you say is neither considered nor respected by the most of us. And who ever said that I was directing what I said about the veggie burger to you and only you? There are other people here, you know, but I guess you're too selfish and ignorant to realize that. I don't take disrespect from anybody, and you are no exception.

MomoPeach
Advanced Vegan Talker
Posts: 80
Joined: Sep 9, 2006 1:52 am

Postby MomoPeach » Feb 8, 2007 12:05 am

No need to lose your temper just because you are weird

User avatar
AndyBa
Vegan Zealot
Posts: 892
Joined: May 27, 2001 12:00 am
Contact:

Postby AndyBa » Feb 8, 2007 5:17 pm

MomoPeach, do you know of any flesh eaters forum where I could go and play on their nerves a little?
It seems that you have fun doing it here. And btw on this forum you are the strange weird guy.. And in a couple of decades it will be true for the entire world.


BigBecka, try firefox but may be you just need to install the last Flash player.
But anyway try firefox :)

MomoPeach
Advanced Vegan Talker
Posts: 80
Joined: Sep 9, 2006 1:52 am

Postby MomoPeach » Feb 9, 2007 12:46 am

You accidentally typed "strange weird guy".....

And it will never be true for the entire world

ChrisCrossCMP
Advanced Vegan Talker
Posts: 61
Joined: Jan 17, 2007 10:29 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Postby ChrisCrossCMP » Feb 10, 2007 1:13 am

MomoPeach wrote:No need to lose your temper just because you are weird


You're the weird one. You could spend your time doing something productive rather than sitting here ruining the forum with your negative attitude and inability to accept people for who they are. Get a life, man, you need some serious help.

BigBecka
Lord of the posts
Posts: 513
Joined: Dec 2, 2006 7:53 pm

Postby BigBecka » Feb 10, 2007 11:35 am

Well said, Andy & CrissCross! :D

You accidentally typed "strange weird guy".....
Well, you might be one of those scary middle-aged men who just posts like a young girl :roll: Maybe that's why you post on here? You are pretty weird :bom:

lunarflowermaiden
Advanced Vegan Talker
Posts: 84
Joined: Jan 26, 2007 12:31 am

Postby lunarflowermaiden » Feb 10, 2007 7:21 pm

BigBecka wrote:Well, you might be one of those scary middle-aged men who just posts like a young girl :roll: Maybe that's why you post on here? You are pretty weird :bom:


:lol: That explains everything! A 48 year-old man in disguise as a young girl in order to keep others unaware of his fantasies about young veggie girls.

Hey, it wouldn't surprise me :).

User avatar
AndyBa
Vegan Zealot
Posts: 892
Joined: May 27, 2001 12:00 am
Contact:

Postby AndyBa » Feb 12, 2007 12:36 am

MomoPeach wrote:You accidentally typed "strange weird guy".....

Wait a second. Are you saying you are a girl? :D


And it will never be true for the entire world

Lets live and see :) If we human animals will not auto destroy ourselves we will eventually evolve to being vegetarian or even vegans.
May be there will even be genetically modified fruits that will feel and taste like meat.. Just think 12 years ago there were no mobile phones and computers were very seldom. Now we can watch colored video on our mobile devices.
And there was a time when some scientist demonstrated that it's impossible to create a colored TV at all.

BigBecka
Lord of the posts
Posts: 513
Joined: Dec 2, 2006 7:53 pm

Postby BigBecka » Feb 12, 2007 8:34 pm

May be there will even be genetically modified fruits that will feel and taste like meat..
Ewww! I'ld rather not! :oops: There is a plant with fruit that smells of rotting flesh to attract carrion flies - Rafflesia hasseltii Suringar (Bunga pakma (Malay), Rafflesia, corpse flower (English)) - my grandparents also have have a plant that makes the conservatory smell of feet if it flowers :o

Hmm, maybe it could be cross-bred with soy beans to make a McDonalds tree?

User avatar
Backwood
Advanced Vegan Talker
Posts: 87
Joined: Feb 1, 2007 11:29 am
Location: Australia

Postby Backwood » Feb 13, 2007 11:43 pm

Hmm, maybe it could be cross-bred with soy beans to make a McDonalds tree?

lol :) I too don't understand the taste of meat after being vegan for some time.
Have you watched the Star Track show?
In it humans don't kill animals for food but they still eat meat.

MomoPeach
Advanced Vegan Talker
Posts: 80
Joined: Sep 9, 2006 1:52 am

Postby MomoPeach » Feb 20, 2007 2:17 am

Look, I don't know what is accepted in your freako soceity but in mine, guys don't put the word Peach in their username. If they do they get jumped. Simple as that.

ChrisCrossCMP
Advanced Vegan Talker
Posts: 61
Joined: Jan 17, 2007 10:29 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Postby ChrisCrossCMP » Feb 20, 2007 9:23 pm

MomoPeach, how old are you? I'm really starting to wonder.

User avatar
AndyBa
Vegan Zealot
Posts: 892
Joined: May 27, 2001 12:00 am
Contact:

Postby AndyBa » Feb 20, 2007 10:03 pm

MomoPeach wrote:Look, I don't know what is accepted in your freako soceity but in mine, guys don't put the word Peach in their username. If they do they get jumped. Simple as that.

Lol you can use any name here.. I was actually confused by your behavior..
And the word peach in the name may just mean that the guy loves peaches :) or hates them... Enlighten me, what the Momo part means in your nickname?

MomoPeach
Advanced Vegan Talker
Posts: 80
Joined: Sep 9, 2006 1:52 am

Postby MomoPeach » Feb 24, 2007 12:37 am

Peach in japanese.
And "peach" is a girl word whether guys eat them or not, that's why.

ChrisCrossCMP
Advanced Vegan Talker
Posts: 61
Joined: Jan 17, 2007 10:29 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Postby ChrisCrossCMP » Feb 24, 2007 1:56 am

How is 'peach' a girl word? Why is pink a girl color? Is vegetarianism a girl thing? What makes 'peach a girl word, MomoPeach?

User avatar
AndyBa
Vegan Zealot
Posts: 892
Joined: May 27, 2001 12:00 am
Contact:

Postby AndyBa » Feb 24, 2007 2:28 am

PeachLover - could be easily a guy name :roll:
Anyway it doesn't really matter.
Do you speak Japanese?

WarChild
Passionated Vegan Talker
Posts: 188
Joined: Feb 25, 2006 7:13 am

Postby WarChild » Feb 26, 2007 8:57 am

MomoPeach, are you a girl? :)

User avatar
AndyBa
Vegan Zealot
Posts: 892
Joined: May 27, 2001 12:00 am
Contact:

Postby AndyBa » Feb 27, 2007 12:00 am

WarChild wrote:MomoPeach, are you a girl? :)


:laughing3:
You see momoPeach no one really believes you are a girl :laughing5:

BigBecka
Lord of the posts
Posts: 513
Joined: Dec 2, 2006 7:53 pm

Postby BigBecka » Mar 1, 2007 9:32 pm

In response to MomoPeach's original claim that "you have more than a hasssle ordering at McDonalds you can barely eat anything there is only like fries that you can eat there"

The Advertising Standards Authority received a number of complaints ... They included a claim that McDonald’s fries were part-cooked in beef tallow - which the chain says it has not used in the UK since 1993 - frozen, flown around the world and deep fried again.


:oops: :oops: :oops: Looks like I was wrong - McDonalds really should be avoided :puke:

Oh yeah, and in my "freako soceity" guys don't get jumped so readily :lol:

All this reminds me of that song: MILLIONS OF PEACHES, PEACHES FOR ME :headbang: MILLIONS OF PEACHES, PEACHES FOR FREE :hello1:

User avatar
AndyBa
Vegan Zealot
Posts: 892
Joined: May 27, 2001 12:00 am
Contact:

Postby AndyBa » Mar 3, 2007 9:31 pm

Becky, I didn't get what is written in your quote about mcdonalds..
the fries aren't vegan?

BigBecka
Lord of the posts
Posts: 513
Joined: Dec 2, 2006 7:53 pm

Postby BigBecka » Mar 4, 2007 11:00 am

That is correct - the source claimed that the fries were cooked in beef tallow before shipping.

meign
AR Knight
Posts: 2229
Joined: Sep 15, 2010 8:55 am

Re:

Postby meign » Sep 30, 2010 6:33 am

WarChild wrote:
AndyBa wrote:Nothing compares to home made food!


... especially if someone else makes it for you and you just eat it :P


hahaha love that... I always wish that someone would have prepare a food for me... It is me who always prepare my food...:(

philosopher
Vegan Talk Frequenter
Posts: 33
Joined: Mar 7, 2011 9:36 pm

Re: Ugly Vegans

Postby philosopher » Mar 8, 2011 5:44 pm

"ChrisCross, are you stupid? I don't know why you wasted your time posting those links. You should know by now that I don't watch mind control videos or read mind-controling details about how the farms that are the worst of the worst treats their animals. I don't base everything on the tiniest example. If one kid in a school is failing, does that mean that it's a bad school and everyone is failing? It's the same with farms. Just because a few farms are bad doesn't mean they're all like that."

Being cruel and careless with animals results in quicker processing time which equals greater profit, and the ability to compete in the industry. Slaughterhouses and factory farms don't have any incentive to treat their animals kindly, for if they did they would go out of business. Simple economics.

"Also, I don't care about stupid veggie burgers when I can eat the real thing. And I guess you expected me to be grossed out that people didn't check your chicken carefully enough, so okay."

I suppose you probably don't care about living past 55, either. Any vegan anywhere in the world can eat a "real burger" anytime they want, they just don't want to. My veggie burger contains no cholesterol, antibiotics, and has zero chance of infecting me with BSE, E coli, or any other disease/bacteria/virus. It will not raise my blood cholesterol level, and it will not contribute to a heart attack, cancer, arthritis, asthma, etc.

"And, I have no idea how you can blame meat for the fact that you ended up cathcing the flu, lunarflowermaiden. And I'm sorry you have the most sensitive stomach in the world and I'm sorry you think that it's meat related. Next thing we know, you'll be blaming the fact that you couldn't find your soulmate on the meat, or something else like that. You can't connect everything fortunate thing in your life to going vegan. And it doesn't really make much sense to compare it to smoking, since smoking is bad for you and eating meat is not." -MomoPeach

Initially I laughed after reading this paragraph because it is so ridiculously uneducated. More and more doctors all the time are recommending eliminating red meat from your diet entirely. 16% of chicken meat is infected with E coli, 63% is infected with campylobacter. It's no coincidence that people get sick from eating it. "Smoking is bad for you and eating meat is not". Please read the China Study, or any book/article at all for that matter on health, then come back and tell me what you've learned.

By the way, the burden of proof is on *your* shoulders to tell us why meat is good for the human body.

P.S. Did you know that some of the main ingredients in hot dogs are: fresh blood, chicken feet, chicken lungs, and chicken tracheas? Yum... Nothing I would rather eat than a lung from a chicken who was packed in a barn with 10,000 other chickens breathing in ammonia all day.

vegangurl03
Active Vegan Talker
Posts: 18
Joined: Jul 5, 2011 7:07 pm

Re:

Postby vegangurl03 » Jul 5, 2011 7:20 pm

MomoPeach wrote:ChrisCross, are you stupid? I don't know why you wasted your time posting those links. You should know by now that I don't watch mind control videos or read mind-controling details about how the farms that are the worst of the worst treats their animals. I don't base everything on the tiniest example. If one kid in a school is failing, does that mean that it's a bad school and everyone is failing? It's the same with farms. Just because a few farms are bad doesn't mean they're all like that.

Also, I don't care about stupid veggie burgers when I can eat the real thing. And I guess you expected me to be grossed out that people didn't check your chicken carefully enough, so okay.

And, I have no idea how you can blame meat for the fact that you ended up cathcing the flu, lunarflowermaiden. And I'm sorry you have the most sensitive stomach in the world and I'm sorry you think that it's meat related. Next thing we know, you'll be blaming the fact that you couldn't find your soulmate on the meat, or something else like that. You can't connect everything fortunate thing in your life to going vegan. And it doesn't really make much sense to compare it to smoking, since smoking is bad for you and eating meat is not.


hahahaha!!! the thing is, most of these farms really ARE that bad. if nearly every person in the school was failing, does that mean its a bad school? maybe. maybe not. but the students that are failing need some serious help. same with farms. the idea of farming is not necessarily bad, but because the majority of farms are so horrible, farming gets a bad rap. and its for a good reason. so before you go defending the meat and dairy industries, please do your research for the benefit of everyone!!!

ANne
Vegan Talk Frequenter
Posts: 35
Joined: Jul 20, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Ugly Vegans

Postby ANne » Jul 21, 2011 5:19 pm

I wouldnt trust the fries! i wouldnt doubt they use animal lard on it. I wouldnt trust mcdonalds period. Buying from there only gives them more of the benefit and that would be like approving for their inhumane carnage of animals.

ANne
Vegan Talk Frequenter
Posts: 35
Joined: Jul 20, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Ugly Vegans

Postby ANne » Jul 21, 2011 5:25 pm

Momopeach, you think the meat industry cares about these farm animals. No, not really. They care about mass-production, they care about profiting from it. This are how all monolopies think, not for anyone but themselves.


Return to “Vegan Chat”