daily intakes

Learn about minerals, vitamins, proteins, fats and other essential nutrients. Discuss the health benefits of each nutrient, share your experience, discuss different natural sources of nutrients in vegan diet. Educate yourself to a healthier nutrition.
Ckhalddsa
Vegan Forum Guest

daily intakes

Postby Ckhalddsa » Jul 7, 2011 9:46 am

Hi all

I got a question i'm hoping some of you may be able to help with, what kind of fat intake per day in grams do you aim for? I've always planned my carb and protein intake meticulously but never really given my fat intake as much thought.

Current intake is:-

1g per lb bodyweight of carbs
1.5g per lb bodyweight of protein

and i've just roughly calculated that my fat intake is about 0.5g per lb of bodyweight

Dacite
Vegan Forum Member

Re: daily intakes

Postby Dacite » Jul 20, 2011 1:29 pm

I don't aim for any calculations. Just make sure that I get raw greens everyday for blood quality meaning overall health.

garnislitton
Vegan Forum Guest

Postby garnislitton » Mar 2, 2012 2:56 pm

Your daily intake is good for diet with instruction.But i take protein shake for my diet.

Kramer
Vegan Talk Frequenter

Postby Kramer » Apr 5, 2012 8:58 am

Thanks for the info.

xplr60
Advanced Vegan Talker

Postby xplr60 » Jul 21, 2012 10:29 am

Using your formula above, my stats come out as:
255g Protein
170g Carbs
85g Fat
2465 Calories

This looks pretty good, with the calorie figure coming out around my maintenance total with a good protein intake. Remember, it's total calories along with total protein intake that determines if you gain/lose/maintain weight/size.

What is your current goal?

Return to “Vegan Nutrients Forum”