Now companies are going green right from the start

Discuss how the vegan lifestyle is beneficial for our environment.
kalantai
Advanced Vegan Talker

Postby kalantai » Feb 13, 2008 10:34 pm

GREEN” plants are growing in the motor industry. Companies are investing to give their factories green credentials to complement their products, reducing emissions and using more eco-friendly materials and processes. Ford’s Dagenham diesel engine plant has wind turbines to generate energy that save 6,500 tonnes of CO2 a year from entering the atmosphere. Other eco-efficient processes at Dagenham prevent more than 12,600 tonnes of waste annually being sent to landfill sites.
-->Read More<--

NoEgg
Vegan Forum Beginner

Postby NoEgg » Apr 8, 2008 11:08 pm

Nice article. Good to see that companies are going green from the start rather than seeing a mistake then changing under pressure.

egoisticdude
Vegan Forum Beginner

Re: Now companies are going green right from the start

Postby egoisticdude » Oct 16, 2009 8:06 am

Well, this is a very interesting topic and I loved the article! I totally agree with this.

meign
AR Knight

Postby meign » Nov 19, 2010 2:42 am

This is a great article... Hope more and more companies will adopt that...

meateatereater
Active Vegan Talker

Postby meateatereater » Nov 30, 2010 2:25 pm

Last edited by meateatereater on Jan 18, 2019 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

CircularMotion
Advanced Vegan Talker

Postby CircularMotion » Nov 30, 2010 6:36 pm

meateatereater wrote:I think the whole green movement is a joke. Its another way meat eaters are taking advantage of vegans (as if they are responsible for saving the world). You dont have to be a vegan to be green by social standards. I met this couple that was passing through where I live and they were very pro-green, but they were not vegan. Talking about not using plastic forks yadda yadda. Now I use plastic forks sometimes, but I've been vegan for (lost count) like 15 yrs. There's a saying: "A meat eater on a bicycle has a larger carbon footprint than a vegan in a hummer". LOL. Anyways ya so Im not impressed by the whole way-too-late go green movement. Save a fork, Kill a cow? wutevz.

Peace.

It's not one or the other, it's both. A meat eating diet requires roughly fifteen times the water to produce than a vegetarian diet, and even more times than a vegan diet. This is a HUGE environmental impact, when you think about how many people are eating a meat-based diet. If we used the corn we used to feed cattle [and cattle aren't supposed to eat corn. E Coli, anyone?] to feed people instead, we would be helping the environment and feeding more people. The US uses something like 70% of its corn to feed cattle.

Everything about a animal-product diet is not environmentally friendly. So if you are an environmentalist, sure, you don't have to be vegan, and every thing you do to be conscious about environmental sustainability helps, but... so does being vegan.

meateatereater
Active Vegan Talker

Postby meateatereater » Nov 30, 2010 11:21 pm

Last edited by meateatereater on Jan 18, 2019 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

CircularMotion
Advanced Vegan Talker

Postby CircularMotion » Dec 1, 2010 12:21 am

meateatereater wrote:
CircularMotion wrote:It's not one or the other, it's both.

Save it for someone that dont know. I myself am fully aware of the impact veganism and the "green" lifestyle have on the environment. I just think respecting one-another as sentient beings is way more important that caring about the litter we produce for each other. An established order-of-importance is direly needed. If I was a cow, I'd much rather; all you stupid humans, every one of you, drive massive hummers, than eat my flesh.

No need to be rude. :) I was sharing the information for anyone who happened to be reading the public forum.

You are a human too, you know. So... when that cow's environment rots away [because if they're not being farmed, their living in the wild, right?] ...

meateatereater
Active Vegan Talker

Postby meateatereater » Dec 3, 2010 8:53 am

Last edited by meateatereater on Jan 18, 2019 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

CircularMotion
Advanced Vegan Talker

Postby CircularMotion » Dec 3, 2010 12:52 pm

meateatereater wrote:
CircularMotion wrote:You are a human too, you know.

You may call me that, but I'd say your incorrect.
I am, an animal.

An animal that uses human technology. :lol:

You can't pick a side when it is convenient for you, but use the advantages of the other side. You're human like all of the people you despise.

Trev
Vegan Talk Frequenter

Postby Trev » Dec 9, 2010 3:03 am

meateatereater wrote:I think the whole green movement is a joke. Its another way meat eaters are taking advantage of vegans (as if they are responsible for saving the world). You dont have to be a vegan to be green by social standards. I met this couple that was passing through where I live and they were very pro-green, but they were not vegan. Talking about not using plastic forks yadda yadda. Now I use plastic forks sometimes, but I've been vegan for (lost count) like 15 yrs. There's a saying: "A meat eater on a bicycle has a larger carbon footprint than a vegan in a hummer". LOL. Anyways ya so Im not impressed by the whole way-too-late go green movement. Save a fork, Kill a cow? wutevz.

Peace.

i agree with you, if you aren't a vegan, or at least a vegetarian, then get your 'green' shit out of my face haha cause' it's lookin' more like crap brown falseness to me.

ya i know what you mean, it is a commercial movement for sure and many companies aren't sincere they're all about profits and pleasing people who care about green just so they can increase profits, but that's not to say there aren't companies (how rare they may be lol) that actually do care about their impact on the environment and not just their 'green' image that keeps them with the times.

and i'm with u all the way about ending the suffering of sentient beings is the most important, letting them live and respecting all life. but i still wouldn't feel good driving a hummer even though i'm a diehard vegan lol, i care about the environment as well.

meateatereater
Active Vegan Talker

Postby meateatereater » Dec 9, 2010 11:33 pm

Last edited by meateatereater on Jan 18, 2019 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

CircularMotion
Advanced Vegan Talker

Postby CircularMotion » Dec 10, 2010 4:39 pm

meateatereater wrote:
CircularMotion wrote:You can't pick a side when it is convenient for you, but use the advantages of the other side. You're human like all of the people you despise.

Ya, enjoy your 99.98% carnivorous peers.
I'm hanging out and identify with zillions of dead vegetarians; and the bodycount is rising, because of your "friends".

Quit being such a jerk. You know nothing about my friends, and they are certainly not 99.98% carnivore. I'm doing my part to reduce the body count of animals, but I am not going to push away every single person in my life. I certainly can't teach them and change their mind if I tell them to go to hell and cut them out of my life. I prefer to spread the knowledge I share with meateaters every single day and hope that my efforts will open someone's mind.

And they have, in the past.

Dacite
Vegan Forum Member

Postby Dacite » Apr 9, 2011 4:01 pm

Yes, there are many companies who share our green commitments and values. Well, we must investigate carefully because any company now has the thing called "Corporate social responsibility".
Usually the sustainable and truly green ones are the small setups.

jooo
Vegan Forum Visitor

Postby jooo » Oct 4, 2012 6:36 am

--
Hi

Welcome to this forum site,here you can find
the solution of your problems. if you want to know about the any news
and all the information about the any current affairs which is work in india
as well as all over world.
Here you can find the any new and latest news

----------------------------------