Perfect Vitamin for Vegans: Klamath Blue Green Algae

Learn about minerals, vitamins, proteins, fats and other essential nutrients. Discuss the health benefits of each nutrient, share your experience, discuss different natural sources of nutrients in vegan diet. Educate yourself to a healthier nutrition.
wildbluegreen
Vegan Forum Beginner

Perfect Vitamin for Vegans: Klamath Blue Green Algae

Postby wildbluegreen » Aug 30, 2007 6:30 pm

The vitamin B-complex profile of AFA (Klamath Blue Green Algae) is very high, especially vitamins B2, B6 and B12. One gram of wild blue-green algae supplies more than the Recommended Daily Allowance of vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is essential for the production of red blood cells. It helps them to develop to a point where protein, folic acid, iron and vitamin C can mature properly and thus carry more oxygen to the cells. A deficiency of B12 may cause pernicious anemia. Restricted diets and poor absorption can cause a B12 deficiency. AFA has the highest active vegetable source of vitamin B12, in a form that is totally usable by the body. AFA algae have 65 times the B12 content of kelp, and almost 700 times more B12 than alfalfa. The B vitamins within AFA algae are of such high quality that they can boost the body’s energy level, endurance and stamina. B vitamins convert carbohydrates into glucose, which the body can then utilize to produce energy. The ability of blue-green algae to efficiently transfer glucose into energy (via the B vitamins) may represent its more important health contribution.

Gillian, McKeith, Ph.D. Miracle Superfood: Wild Blue-Green Algae. Keats Good Health Guide: Medicine for the 21st Century. Los Angeles: Keats Publishing, 1999.

Dacite
Vegan Forum Member

Re: Perfect Vitamin for Vegans: Klamath Blue Green Algae

Postby Dacite » Apr 8, 2011 6:54 pm

I am not a great fan of green super foods and supplements in general but I can attest that this is amazingly great product.
I can basically feel that my cells are going party happy when I use this algae product. I use the pack once a year since the stores do not carry it in my country, I buy abroad or via internet. But this does work for me!
When I am taking train, the ticket officer asks me if I need a ticket under 25 however I am in my early thirties. Greens are definitely keeping me fresh and younger looking.

• RELATED_TOPICS
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Vegan Nutrients Forum”