6th day of being vegan :)

First things first:
I’m 28, female, live in Belgium, studying to be a primary/elementary school teacher.

So on Friday I found the documentary “If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be vegetarian” by Sir Paul McCartney…

And it shocked me enough to never want to touch meat or any other animal products again, unless I know for a fact that they were made from happy animals. My friend has some chickens in her back yard, free roaming obviously, and I’ll still eat eggs from her clucking featherballs. …no seriously, one of them has so many fluffy feathers she’s literally a walking clucking ball of fuzziness. I love that chicken, heh.

I already ate little to no meat on my own, but would still eat it if I was invited for dinner at a friend’s and there’d be meat in there. Because, man, I didn’t want to be rude. I never particularly liked meat anyway, but was raised to eat it so I always did.

No more.

I don’t want anything to do with meat anymore. It’s easy to be vegan at home, but when eating out it proves to be a struggle…

You’re not doing people any favors by supporting their bad habits. If you didn’t drink, would you drink with someone not to be rude? How about smoking cigarettes?

Be proud of your decision to be vegan…don’t hide it!

I’m not ashamed of it or anything, nor do I “hide” it. I just don’t want to be what people call a “veginazi”. Veganism, like any other life decision, shouldn’t be treated like a religion; don’t shove it down other people’s throats, pardon the pun.

I share my views with others openly, but won’t go into a fit if they disagree with me. Not because I think they’re right, but because I deserve peace of mind too, not having to worry about them being angry with me. I can’t stand the thought of people being angry with me.

:cheers: Congrats Sparkalisha! I, myself, have been a vegetarian since the late 1990s. For your efforts, I hope that you will reap the same physical and spiritual benefits that I have over those years. Also, I think that being a teacher can be a very honorable way to make a living. Therefore, I wish you all the best if you become one.

Aww, thank you! It’s been 29 days now and I feel fantastic! I’m taking a B-vitamins supplement pill, though, to make sure I get that B12 in my system. They’re labelled “50+”, so it’s kind of awkward to take one in public XD
I’m coming to terms with all the rubbish in my life as well as cleansing my body, so this was as much a spiritual decision as it was a physical one. It marks the beginning of a new era for me, so I’m really happy I decided to go vegan.

People try to tell me it sucks because I can’t have cookies or cake or whatever, but I surprised all of them with cupcakes I made with vegan recipes :smiley: