Search found 213 matches

by dragonfly
Jul 25, 2012 5:46 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: What makes us human?
Replies: 37
Views: 12598

Re: What makes us human?

human as in humane. as in compassionate. that's basically what i meant when i used the term. but also the contradictions inherent in real life when it comes to compassionate choices.
by dragonfly
Jul 25, 2012 5:43 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: near death at seaworld - a female orca named Kasatka
Replies: 1
Views: 1460

near death at seaworld - a female orca named Kasatka

http://zen-haven.dk/near-death-at-seaworld/ http://www.wftv.com/news/news/video-shows-trainers-near-death-seaworld/nP3Fw/ A newly released video shows what may have been part of the reason why a judge ruled that SeaWorld can't allow trainers back in the water during whale performances. The video sho...
by dragonfly
Mar 30, 2012 12:31 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: vegetarian canned tuna with soy and algae
Replies: 5
Views: 1430

Re: vegetarian canned tuna with soy and algae

dzeijk wrote:Would anyone consume vegetarian canned tuna made with soy and algae?
algae for DHA and soy for protein and texture.

of course. that is the total delicous. :happy3: :happy9:
by dragonfly
Mar 30, 2012 12:26 am
Forum: Science, Philosophy, Religion
Topic: I am vegan because I am Christian.
Replies: 31
Views: 21231

Re: I am vegan because I am Christian.

yes, one should arrive at veganism independent of religious dogma and pagan voodoo rituals.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5hA3PN0uic
by dragonfly
Mar 8, 2012 4:08 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: The reason why there is no such thing as a vegan
Replies: 58
Views: 9310

Re: The reason why there is no such thing as a vegan

@Dragonfly while you may not agree with Adam, your posts are actually rather a waste of time reading. or so you say. and cosmos you appear to only be able to offer up dull non sequiturs and totally irrelevant, extremely vapid commentary. i shouldn't have to explain this to anybody. the anti-intelle...
by dragonfly
Mar 3, 2012 10:18 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: The Top 10 Super Vegans You've Never Heard Of...
Replies: 3
Views: 1218

Re: The Top 10 Super Vegans You've Never Heard Of...

well i brought this up for several reasons. one is it is a good list, i learned something. but two, sarah kramer is not really a vegan, she is a lifestyle vegan. she brags about feeding her dog either 4D dog food link here or about feeding the dog the flesh of dead and murdered non-human animals on ...
by dragonfly
Feb 22, 2012 3:14 am
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: Meaningless "vegan.org" Certification?
Replies: 1
Views: 1053

Re: Meaningless "vegan.org" Certification?

depends on how you define meaningless. meaningless is in the eye of the beholder. there are many many companies that use the vegan.org certification http://www.vegan.org/campaigns/certification/company_list/index.html and from their own website SolCuisine says they manufacture both vegetarian and ve...
by dragonfly
Feb 9, 2012 8:56 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: Vegetarian Arrogance
Replies: 90
Views: 23869

Re: Vegetarian Arrogance

by dragonfly
Feb 9, 2012 3:40 am
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: prevent other animals from killing and eating each other?
Replies: 38
Views: 27104

Re: prevent other animals from killing and eating each other

another colorless, mindless vegetarian myth. most animals are not predators and don't eat each other. besides that is a pretty silly and akward excuse to eat the flesh of brutally tortured and sadistically killed non-human animals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x0BSgLKnSk
by dragonfly
Feb 5, 2012 11:01 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: Vegetarian Arrogance
Replies: 90
Views: 23869

Re: Vegetarian Arrogance

^ eh? Talk about rhetoric: your response was chock full of the same. All that sloganeering gets old and screams 'lunatic fringe' to boot. Man, you come off as a major whack job. Speaking like that to people will hardly convince them to become vegan. To your point about 'speciesism: yes, it does mak...
by dragonfly
Feb 3, 2012 8:11 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: Vegetarian Arrogance
Replies: 90
Views: 23869

Re: Vegetarian Arrogance

Oh, yes, and I also wish death to any critter such as mice that get into my apt. ( I hadn't had any in many years, but recently had seen one in my livingroom. suffice it to say, i dont go in there anymore and kind friends moved my love seat and tv table into my bedroom. Ive stuffed under the living...
by dragonfly
Feb 3, 2012 7:59 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Vegan and Unnatural substances?
Replies: 9
Views: 1997

Re: Vegan and Unnatural substances?

i agree. you can be following a vegan/diet and still not be eating right, and ingesting empty calorie junk foods.
by dragonfly
Feb 1, 2012 4:49 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: How & Why Did you become a vegan/vegetarian?
Replies: 18
Views: 3734

Re: How & Why Did you become a vegan/vegetarian?

why i became vegetarian? this page : A Visit to a Slaughterhouse

and this is why i became vegan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gv0y1qYx1w
by dragonfly
Jan 14, 2012 10:18 pm
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: Fake fur - your views?
Replies: 13
Views: 5128

Re: Fake fur - your views?

too easy to go wrong here, my strictest point of view only. the faker the better, but i myself can't get beyond it myself. like i don't want some wannabe thinking i am greenlighting the entire fur idea. still easy to go wrong, sometimes i throw up. sorry if that was crude or rude, but that's how it ...
by dragonfly
Dec 30, 2011 3:53 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: The reason why there is no such thing as a vegan
Replies: 58
Views: 9310

Re: The Reason Why There Is No Such Thing As A Vegan

Yes. that is a very humongous sad statement on the human condition, that is.
by dragonfly
Dec 30, 2011 12:53 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Vegans/Vegetarians Don't Help Animals Or The Planet
Replies: 18
Views: 4552

Re: Vegans/Vegetarians Don't Help Animals Or The Planet

gee whiz. up is down, left is right, inside is outside, backwards is fowards, and right is wrong. this leads me to wonder -where this is going. but the drunken strawmen, the absentee logic, careless instrusions, misconstructions and constant sideshows to non-sequitur-land are a dead give-away. you d...
by dragonfly
Dec 28, 2011 1:26 am
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: Boycott PETA
Replies: 6
Views: 3385

Re: Boycott PETA

Not sure why anybody would give any credibility to the site: petakill­sanimals.co­m/downlo­ads/PetaKill­sAnimals.pdf It's maintained by the Center for Consumer Freedome which, as all informed people know, is a front group for the meat industry. PETA's side of the story is that they kill animals who...
by dragonfly
Nov 26, 2011 11:05 pm
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: How do you like your chicken?
Replies: 16
Views: 4906

Re: How do you like your chicken?

how childish. :dontknow: :protest:
by dragonfly
Nov 26, 2011 10:56 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Food Libel
Replies: 8
Views: 1982

Re: Food Libel

it must be a sheeplism thing, most people are incapable of thinking outside the box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05zhL1YUd8Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mron0MTinFk
by dragonfly
Nov 26, 2011 10:51 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Vegan Society
Replies: 5
Views: 2360

Re: Vegan Society

being vegan is more than just eliminating animal products from your diet and making cruelty free choices whenever possible. it also awakens the ara buried deep within oneself.
by dragonfly
Oct 27, 2011 8:29 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Vegans/Vegetarians Don't Help Animals Or The Planet
Replies: 18
Views: 4552

Re: Vegans/Vegetarians Don't Help Animals Or The Planet

ahimsa paramo dharma ( अहिंसा परमो धर्मः) A sage, seated beside the Ganges, notices a scorpion that has fallen into the water. He reaches down and rescues it, only to be stung. Some time later he looks down and sees the scorpion thrashing about in the water again. Once more he reaches down to rescue...
by dragonfly
Oct 26, 2011 5:45 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: Steve jobs died
Replies: 2
Views: 864

Re: Steve jobs died

yes he certainly was a contradiction in terms.
by dragonfly
Oct 26, 2011 5:43 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Trader Joe's store brand products are vegan
Replies: 1
Views: 746

Re: Trader Joe's store brand products are vegan

Trader Joes is da bomb.
:computer:
by dragonfly
Aug 11, 2011 2:48 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: accidentally ate/bought whey
Replies: 9
Views: 2594

Re: accidentally ate/bought whey

it could happen to anybody. don't sweat it.
by dragonfly
Jun 1, 2011 7:32 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Is The Internet Vegan?
Replies: 3
Views: 1843

Re: Is The Internet Vegan?

being vegan means doing your best to reduce suffering whenever possible, and doing ones best to avoid using animal products. it's not complicated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05zhL1YUd8Q
by dragonfly
Jun 1, 2011 7:29 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: The reason why there is no such thing as a vegan
Replies: 58
Views: 9310

Re: The reason why there is no such thing as a vegan

I can honestly say I don't care one bit if people calling themselves vegans aren't "true" vegans. The fact that they are even trying means they are doing 110% more than most people and for that I respect them. I and I'm pretty sure a lot of other "vegans" use the word to loosely...
by dragonfly
Jun 1, 2011 7:24 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: The reason why there is no such thing as a vegan
Replies: 58
Views: 9310

Re: The reason why there is no such thing as a vegan

Dragonfly, as much as he's pissing us all off, it would be extremely hypocritical of me to say that we are all equal and should have equal rights and treat everything with respect, and not treat Adam with respect. It would be hypocritical of me to demand that he respects me, if I do not respect him...
by dragonfly
Apr 23, 2011 7:09 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: Is it hard for you to be a vegan?
Replies: 11
Views: 2971

Re: Is it hard for you to be a vegan?

don't know what you mean, being vegan is super easy and ethical. there are many good reasons to go vegan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x9hWYZ2t5c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47cMaCQGqEQ
by dragonfly
Apr 23, 2011 7:03 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Are vegans uptight and cranky?
Replies: 4
Views: 1468

Re: Are vegans uptight and cranky?

no. most pc blinkered people are willfully ignorant, hopelessly insecure and wimpy apologist drones. they prefer to stay in their dull and colorless world of black and white, where their "both eyes wide shut" choices are made for them, and happiness is always just around the corner. the Ta...
by dragonfly
Apr 13, 2011 10:07 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: Bird Brains Tell Tale of Radiation Damage
Replies: 0
Views: 647

Bird Brains Tell Tale of Radiation Damage

Bird Brains Tell Tale of Radiation Damage USC Researchers Study Flora and Fauna around Chernobyl You can learn a lot from a bird brain — especially if that bird brain spends half the year nesting in the forests and abandoned farmlands surrounding Chernobyl. For the past several years, USC biology p...
by dragonfly
Apr 10, 2011 10:38 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: The reason why there is no such thing as a vegan
Replies: 58
Views: 9310

Re: The reason why there is no such thing as a vegan

stop pussyfooting around and coddling this speciesist neanderthal macaroon. :dontknow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4YX_iVWIe0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kNVWIdWpG0
by dragonfly
Apr 7, 2011 6:58 pm
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: Interesting quote - what do you think about this?
Replies: 19
Views: 5620

Re: Interesting quote - what do you think about this?

WarChild wrote:I was an environmentalist back before the movement got taken over by idiots who put animal welfare above human welfare.

Jay Scott Raymond

Source: http://www.slackages.com/me/index.html

only a dull minded witless savant would say such a hopelessly stoopid thing. geeze.
by dragonfly
Apr 7, 2011 6:55 pm
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: The circus is no fun for animals!
Replies: 14
Views: 3877

Re: The circus is no fun for animals!

get real Adam, that is business as usual for the circuses. anyone who thinks otherwise must be a severely delusional and dysfunctional inhumane being.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgemeBO5Wug
by dragonfly
Apr 7, 2011 6:47 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: The reason why there is no such thing as a vegan
Replies: 58
Views: 9310

Re: The Reason Why There Is No Such Thing As A Vegan

your dullard/bigotted speciesist drivel is of no concern to me, your trashy gradeschool hypothoses and childish, mindless sloganeering is of little consequence. grow a pair today. :angry8: :angel9: :angry8:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U7w92UW52E
by dragonfly
Mar 30, 2011 12:13 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: 8 Reasons You Should Stop Drinking Milk Now
Replies: 31
Views: 8946

Re: 8 Reasons You Should Stop Drinking Milk Now

Both of your "sources" that you presented just then dragon fly appeal to the emotions of people very heavily, this is a surefire sign of a dodgy source. here's a guide to sources that I found quite useful: http://www.lib.mq.edu.au/research/critical.html. wrong. stop being silly. and that ...
by dragonfly
Mar 30, 2011 12:09 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: 8 Reasons You Should Stop Drinking Milk Now
Replies: 31
Views: 8946

Re: 8 Reasons You Should Stop Drinking Milk Now

The debate shouldn't be about whether or not drinking non-human milk is more or less healthy for humans, it should be about putting our trivial desires for such things aside, so that a sensitive animal, that has as much right to live on this earth happily as we do, can live its life in peace. Cows ...
by dragonfly
Mar 30, 2011 12:06 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: The reason why there is no such thing as a vegan
Replies: 58
Views: 9310

Re: The reason why there is no such thing as a vegan

Also what on Earth does dronomatic mean hahaha :faroah: . lol. you are incapable of independent thought, have no critical thinking skills, and couldn't think yer way outta' a brown paper bag. oh and only capable of pointless, immaterial "troll-spew" and childish "cheaper by the dozen...
by dragonfly
Mar 29, 2011 11:57 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: Free Range
Replies: 19
Views: 2910

Re: Free Range

Or would you say that stopping the death of a pig is more important then stopping the rape of a human being? faulty comparison, bogus analogy, false dichotomy. the mindless speciesist blather you spew here is amazing, and amazingly dull. eg., take a look at the insane slaughter rates here in the in...
by dragonfly
Mar 29, 2011 11:52 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: Vegetarian Arrogance
Replies: 90
Views: 23869

Re: Vegan Arrogance

your perceptions are faulty. simple logic and commonsense does the trick here. there is no such thing as veggie arrogance, just the mindless childish perception of the fractured souls who are too afraid, too insecure, too brainwashed or too willfully ignorant to acknowledge the hideous, barbaric and...
by dragonfly
Mar 18, 2011 7:16 pm
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: Amino Acids
Replies: 4
Views: 3662

Re: Amino Acids

uhhhh... first off google is your friend. http://www.swissarmylibrarian.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/justfuckinggoogleit.gif food combining works, there is protein in practically everything. don't fall for the protein myth. read skinny bitch http://www.skinnybitch.net/ http://www.peta.org/issues/A...
by dragonfly
Mar 18, 2011 6:42 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: What To Do?
Replies: 3
Views: 1158

Re: What To Do?

earthpure22 wrote:Thank you so much! I took some photos but it will not let me post them? Is there something I can do? She mostly eats the same as me, vegetables, roots and leaves and the like. Good vegan food!
you can upload images easily to http://www.imageshack.us
by dragonfly
Mar 17, 2011 9:09 pm
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: A matter of perspective
Replies: 26
Views: 4726

Re: A matter of perspective

The idea that taking away meat as a possible source of food will not adversely affect poor people is also not true. geeze. i hope you don't really believe at that idiotic propaganda and childish DUMBYist trollspeak that you are spewing here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x0BSgLKnSk http://www.you...
by dragonfly
Mar 17, 2011 7:39 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: Vegetarian Arrogance
Replies: 90
Views: 23869

Re: Vegetarian Arrogance

yes i do *burp*
by dragonfly
Mar 17, 2011 7:24 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: Free Range
Replies: 19
Views: 2910

Re: Free Range

adam i can assure you the inhumane, cruel, tortuous, brutal and sadistic mistreatment of non-human animals confined to factory farms, feedlots and eventually a slaughterhouse is far from trivial. your suggestions are fantastic, your speciesist spew is childish and unreasonable. http://www.youtube.co...
by dragonfly
Mar 17, 2011 7:14 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: 8 Reasons You Should Stop Drinking Milk Now
Replies: 31
Views: 8946

Re: 8 Reasons You Should Stop Drinking Milk Now

adam my sources aren't biased, you trollish insights are boring and tedious. and you regurgitating the calcium myth here, is idoitic and absurd. *barf* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQwNmolBr1w http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5hA3PN0uic A food item being readily available doesn't make it good to ea...
by dragonfly
Mar 17, 2011 7:11 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: The reason why there is no such thing as a vegan
Replies: 58
Views: 9310

Re: The reason why there is no such thing as a vegan

i have changed nothing adam, you are just a lowbow narrowminded dronomatic troll, willfully ignorant of the truth behind the sadistic cruelty and horrific, brutal , barbaric suffering that goes into eating the flesh of tortured and dead non-human animals. you don't have the commonsense or the courag...
by dragonfly
Mar 17, 2011 7:06 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Plants are no different than Animals
Replies: 52
Views: 18413

Re: Plants are no different than Animals

Nice name calling, really showing the maturity there, I'm guessing that means you forfeit the argument to me then? logical fallacy, your "crossroads" logic is pointless, the disinformation/thick propaganda is quite silly and incorrect. more gradeschool shenanigans from the witless troll. ...
by dragonfly
Mar 17, 2011 2:21 am
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: Japan Nuclear Reactor meltdown disaster
Replies: 1
Views: 1324

Japan Nuclear Reactor meltdown disaster

Contradicting earlier reports that claimed the Fukushima nuclear power plant suffered no reactor core damage, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano today admitted that a "partial core meltdown" is now underway. This is being reported at the Washington Post and Nikkei.com and elsewhere. Learn...
by dragonfly
Mar 17, 2011 1:37 am
Forum: General Health and Beauty Forum
Topic: Fructose and LDL Cholesterol
Replies: 3
Views: 1409

Re: Fructose and LDL Cholesterol

yeah but pointing the finger only at the small amounts of fructose in the average diet is unscientific.
by dragonfly
Mar 15, 2011 7:28 pm
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: A matter of perspective
Replies: 26
Views: 4726

Re: A matter of perspective

That statement did not make any sense whatsoever. More and more people are switching to vegetarian/vegan diets every day. About ten years ago only 1% of the United States population was vegetarian, and now around 5% are. When fewer people eat meat, there is less of a demand for it. This means that ...
by dragonfly
Mar 15, 2011 7:22 pm
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: Man shoots and kills pet parrot for 'being annoying'
Replies: 24
Views: 5197

Re: Man shoots and kills pet parrot for 'being annoying'

i understand it's poor form alright, but he is just spewing incoherent and idiotic insults here, poinntless commentary, behaving much as a drunken troll would.

Image
by dragonfly
Mar 15, 2011 7:11 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: Fruit juice can be harmful to teeth
Replies: 21
Views: 5559

Re: Fruit juice can be harmful to teeth

i seriously doubt that drinking fruitjuice is bad for the teeth. the problem with tooth decay is caused by having too much sugars in the bloodstream, the exception being candy and other foods which get stuck to the teeth. " Cavities are caused by bacteria which work, live, and play within our m...
by dragonfly
Mar 15, 2011 6:52 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: Vegetarian Arrogance
Replies: 90
Views: 23869

Re: Vegetarian Arrogance

i only go to vegan restaurants. problem solved.
by dragonfly
Mar 15, 2011 6:51 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: What To Do?
Replies: 3
Views: 1158

Re: What To Do?

what do you feed her, maybe this could be diet related. and maybe you can provide photographs. i would say that to leave her alone, comfort her in her time of need.
by dragonfly
Mar 12, 2011 11:31 pm
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: Vegan Ethics
Replies: 13
Views: 5959

Re: Vegan Ethics

i don't even bother to try to explain what ethics are and morality is, and how it is i came to be a vegan. that means i would have to explain what compassion and cruelty is, and how barbaric and sadistic the dairy and meat industries are. and there are enough mind-numbingly shocking animal abuse and...
by dragonfly
Mar 12, 2011 11:25 pm
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: Keeping pets - zoo's - good or bad ?
Replies: 6
Views: 3850

Re: Keeping pets - zoo's - good or bad ?

circuses and zoos are nothing but prisons for intelligent and sociable animals. they are completely wrong and totally unnecessary. same with exotic pets, animals are not fashion accessories.
by dragonfly
Mar 12, 2011 11:22 pm
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: prevent other animals from killing and eating each other?
Replies: 38
Views: 27104

Re: prevent other animals from killing and eating each other

So why would you deprive them of a readily available source of importable food. (I only say importable because most third world countries don't have thriving meat industries of their own) ZOMG! what a macaroon. adam i am not depriving anyone of anything. :bs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yys7RKln...
by dragonfly
Mar 12, 2011 11:17 pm
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: Man shoots and kills pet parrot for 'being annoying'
Replies: 24
Views: 5197

Re: Man shoots and kills pet parrot for 'being annoying'

adam you are a spineless macaroon and don't belong on a vegan forum spewing your meatard philosophy and idiotic insights. geeze.
by dragonfly
Mar 12, 2011 11:13 pm
Forum: General Health and Beauty Forum
Topic: Fructose and LDL Cholesterol
Replies: 3
Views: 1409

Re: Fructose And LDL Cholesterol

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2010/01/2 ... -alarmism/

he also says that high fructose corn sweetners are not a danger to human health, and connects obesity to sugar intake and not excessive protein consumtion. he is obviously an industry shill.
by dragonfly
Mar 12, 2011 11:01 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: The reason why there is no such thing as a vegan
Replies: 58
Views: 9310

Re: The Reason Why There Is No Such Thing As A Vegan

more semi-literate retarded spew, your "bubbleboy" diplomacy here is comical and absurd. you are relying upon your rather moronic and foolish/singular definition for being vegan and veganism. there are other defintions. veganism is an ethical and logical choice to reduce suffering whenever...
by dragonfly
Mar 12, 2011 10:52 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: 8 Reasons You Should Stop Drinking Milk Now
Replies: 31
Views: 8946

Re: 8 Reasons You Should Stop Drinking Milk Now

Ready availability of food dictating what people eat is a logical fallacy now? yes that's called the bandwagon fallacy. drinking cows milk is very bad for you, cows milk is for baby cows. it is unnatural and unhealthy for human beings to consume cows milk.. this is well documented... Dangers Of Mil...
by dragonfly
Mar 9, 2011 9:53 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: Vegetarian Arrogance
Replies: 90
Views: 23869

Re: Vegetarian Arrogance

Were slave liberators percieved as being "arrogant"? (Yes they were by some, so does that make wrong to be the way they were?) It is the "pawn chip" of the ignorant to draft up calls of "arrogance" or "elitist" upon those who threaten their faulty lifetyle......
by dragonfly
Mar 9, 2011 8:58 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: Vegetarian Arrogance
Replies: 90
Views: 23869

Re: Vegetarian Arrogance

Is it arrogant to convince others of a healthy eating? no. the short and easy answer is that most people are blinkered, self-centered egocentric idiots/dronomatic malcontents, and don't have the compassion or intelligence to know the difference between right and wrong, and live their entire life in...
by dragonfly
Mar 9, 2011 8:53 pm
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: prevent other animals from killing and eating each other?
Replies: 38
Views: 27104

Re: prevent other animals from killing and eating each other

AdamD wrote:
In two sentences: There are just under 7 Billion human beings on the planet. Do you want them to starve?


2011 World Hunger and Poverty Facts and Statistics
breadfortheworld - global hunger
at least 10% of the worlds population is already starving, even more are considered to be malnourished.
by dragonfly
Mar 9, 2011 8:48 pm
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: prevent other animals from killing and eating each other?
Replies: 38
Views: 27104

Re: prevent other animals from killing and eating each other

meign wrote:If an animal starves, they tend to hurt other animals for food :(

that is absolutely not true. only a very small percentage of animal species are predators that hunt and kill other animals. :roll:
by dragonfly
Mar 9, 2011 8:46 pm
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: Man shoots and kills pet parrot for 'being annoying'
Replies: 24
Views: 5197

Re: Man shoots and kills pet parrot for 'being annoying'

...compared to the other character in this situation (the man) the parrot is stupid. a gene pool joke...lol. uhhmm... the speciesist blather is quite insipid, exceedingly dull and moronic. :roll: adam there was no earthly reason for this sub-human piece of trash to shoot the family pet. more to the...
by dragonfly
Mar 9, 2011 8:40 pm
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: Man shoots and kills pet parrot for 'being annoying'
Replies: 24
Views: 5197

Re: Man shoots and kills pet parrot for 'being annoying'

AdamD wrote:I have never tried to deny that I value the human race above all others.
that's just plain silly. :roll:
This is not a bad thing.
in fact it is a very bad thing. it is dull, routine, narrowminded, anthropocentric thinking like this that has destroyed this planet. :sign5:
by dragonfly
Mar 9, 2011 8:33 pm
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: Man shoots and kills pet parrot for 'being annoying'
Replies: 24
Views: 5197

Re: Man shoots and kills pet parrot for 'being annoying'

adam the retarded nonsense you post here is amusing, but just shows that you are either : 1) functionally illiterate; or 2) don't have any cojones or commonsense; or 3) sorely lack realworld critical thinking skills; or 4) live in a fantasy land of delusion and pc apathy. you are just here to shout ...
by dragonfly
Mar 9, 2011 7:34 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Plants are no different than Animals
Replies: 52
Views: 18413

Re: Plants are no different than Animals

adam please go spew your :roll: semi-illiterate nonsense :roll: somewhere else, you don't belong here.
by dragonfly
Mar 9, 2011 7:29 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: The reason why there is no such thing as a vegan
Replies: 58
Views: 9310

Re: The reason why there is no such thing as a vegan

obviously you don't know what a vegan is, i find the semi-literate oafish nonsense you spew here mildly amusing. :roll:
by dragonfly
Feb 15, 2011 8:24 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Oohhhhh my God I slipped up so badly....and now I'm paying
Replies: 18
Views: 4250

Re: Oohhhhh my God I slipped up so badly....and now I'm payi

That is so disgusting. I could not even watch it all. I am in tears. Not easy to watch by any means. oh i know. i cannot stomach any more that 5 -7 minutes of earthlings, and that includes just the occasional glance. very depressing. here is one you can watch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFqRCc0...
by dragonfly
Feb 14, 2011 6:42 pm
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: Man shoots and kills pet parrot for 'being annoying'
Replies: 24
Views: 5197

Re: Man shoots and kills pet parrot for 'being annoying'

Adam your minimalist, trashy, trollish remarks are deplorable, and shows you to lack even common compassion and concern for your fellow beings. Parrots are not stupid, your speciesist blather is an eyesore. :-?
by dragonfly
Feb 14, 2011 6:37 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Oohhhhh my God I slipped up so badly....and now I'm paying
Replies: 18
Views: 4250

Re: Oohhhhh my God I slipped up so badly....and now I'm payi

i have no problem staying vegan. watch these videos : http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-513747926833909134# meat your meat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4YX_iVWIe0 glass walls http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce4DJh-L7Ys earthlings http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gv0y1qYx1w the witness http:/...
by dragonfly
Feb 14, 2011 6:05 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: The reason why there is no such thing as a vegan
Replies: 58
Views: 9310

major pile of fail.

Image
by dragonfly
Jan 23, 2011 7:57 pm
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: prevent other animals from killing and eating each other?
Replies: 38
Views: 27104

Re: prevent other animals from killing and eating each other

moralis wrote:Should we try to prevent other animals from killing and eating each other?
oh please. a very small percentage of animals are predators and carnivores, that is a convenient piece of "cornfed" remote propaganda. :tongue1:
by dragonfly
Jan 23, 2011 7:01 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: meat is murder?
Replies: 15
Views: 6123

Re: meat is murder?

good points raised here. eating the flesh of brutally tortured and killed animals is unethical, inhumane, and exceedingly cruel and sadistic. yes meat is murder. Interesting, but how you define murder to suit your question? if you are looking for a precise textbook definition for murder, we can quib...
by dragonfly
Jan 23, 2011 6:51 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: What's some of your fav vegan bands/artists?
Replies: 3
Views: 1468

Re: What's some of your fav vegan bands/artists?

rise against
goldfinger
chrissie hynde
white zombie
by dragonfly
Jan 23, 2011 6:47 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: Any hoarders or minimalists here?
Replies: 4
Views: 1166

Re: Any hoarders or minimalists here?

yes. absolutely. i have quite a collection of items that are practically worthless, candles, broken guitars, articles of clothing long past their prime, books that i scavenged on a whim, you know the routine. :flower: yet these lost and misplaced items only have intrinsic value to me. i need to go o...
by dragonfly
Jan 23, 2011 6:41 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: the strange case of the Inwood chess players
Replies: 0
Views: 568

the strange case of the Inwood chess players

Inwood Chess Players Opt for Trial http://www.dnainfo.com/20101228/washington-heights-inwood/norman-siegel-represent-inwood-chess-players-court INWOOD — Two of the men ticketed for playing chess in Inwood Hill Park refused a plea deal from a Manhattan Criminal Court judge Tuesday morning, opting to ...
by dragonfly
Jan 28, 2010 11:54 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Are you Vegan Sexual
Replies: 8
Views: 2885

Re: Are you Vegan Sexual

No. i think the whole concept is a bit ridiculous myself. I see where you're coming from, but it is hard to find other vegetarians... I do know a few vegetarian guys, but they don't seem to be interested in typical veggie girls! It's like opposites attract? Do you find partners at vegetarian cafes,...
by dragonfly
Jan 28, 2010 11:45 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: something almost primal
Replies: 6
Views: 1131

Re: something almost primal

Wow - It is so scary what power the media have to feed people these stories :( Only yesterday I was talking to a businesswoman who wanted to build "sustainable communities" with a cow for each community. She clearly hadn't thought what must be done to the cow to make milk or beef :roll: y...
by dragonfly
Jan 21, 2010 3:27 am
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: something almost primal
Replies: 6
Views: 1131

something almost primal

http://www.care2.com/causes/animal-welfare/blog/something-almost-primal/ During the past decade, numerous articles in magazines, newspapers and online have documented a disturbing trend. Individuals describing themselves as 'ex-vegetarian' or even 'ex-vegan', have been enlisted as spokespersons for...
by dragonfly
Dec 12, 2009 11:09 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Are these vegan?
Replies: 21
Views: 11354

Re: Are these vegan?

Vegangirl wrote:What is agave nectar like?

agave nectar is very sweet and very good for you.
agave nectar has a very low glycemic value : http://www.blueagavenectar.com/glycemicindexofsugars.html
by dragonfly
Dec 11, 2009 8:04 pm
Forum: Vegan Poem Forum
Topic: oh come all ye faithful
Replies: 6
Views: 3819

Re: oh come all ye faithful

sorry wrong youtube video.
by dragonfly
Dec 11, 2009 12:41 am
Forum: Vegan Poem Forum
Topic: oh come all ye faithful
Replies: 6
Views: 3819

Re: oh come all ye faithful

AndyBa wrote::D I would really love to hear you sing it. :)
May be you record it and put on youtube?
on not that song AndyBa.
i want to play Happy Xmas (war is over)
Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
but can't seem to find the time.
goo goo g'joob.
by dragonfly
Dec 4, 2009 12:50 am
Forum: Vegan Poem Forum
Topic: oh come all ye faithful
Replies: 6
Views: 3819

oh come all ye faithful

joy to the world the lord has come let earth receive her king let every heart prepare his room and heaven and nature sing and heaven and nature sing and heaven and nature sing joy to the world the lord has come let earth receive her king let every heart prepare his room and heaven and nature sing an...
by dragonfly
Dec 2, 2009 10:51 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Talk Show Host BOB LINDEN Wrongfully Arrested
Replies: 2
Views: 1086

Talk Show Host BOB LINDEN Wrongfully Arrested

Talk Show Host BOB LINDEN Wrongfully Arrested By Beverly Hills Cops At "Fur - Free Friday" Demonstration Radio talk show host Bob Linden ("GO VEGAN WITH BOB LINDEN" - K-TALK AM-1150 Los Angeles, GREEN 960-AM San Francisco, http://www.GoVeganRadio.com, and formerly AIR AMERICA an...
by dragonfly
Dec 2, 2009 3:30 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Why Vegan?
Replies: 14
Views: 6149

Re: Why Vegan?

being vegan is an ethical choice, built upon compassion, equality, peace and purpose. As vegans we view animals as sentient beings, able to suffer and feel pain, and therefore should be treated with equal moral respect. Section 1: The Ethical Choice Chew On This http://www.goveg.com/ Choosing to liv...
by dragonfly
Nov 19, 2009 6:38 pm
Forum: General Health and Beauty Forum
Topic: What You Should Eat!
Replies: 20
Views: 7525

Re:

Hi healthyheart! I think you misunderstand me! I don't eat the plan I quoted :) I included it as an example. I would like to compile an equivalent plan that is vegan, because I am worried that I don't eat the right nutrients. thank goodness, anyone who eats dairy has some serious problems. there ar...
by dragonfly
Sep 11, 2009 12:48 am
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: Man shoots and kills pet parrot for 'being annoying'
Replies: 24
Views: 5197

Man shoots and kills pet parrot for 'being annoying'

Man shoots and kills pet parrot for 'being annoying' -- charged with animal cruelty http://www.examiner.com/x-1028-Pet-News-Examiner~y2009m9d4-Man-shoots-pet-parrot-for-being-annoying--charged-with-animal-cruelty A New Jersey man shot the family's 20 year-old African grey parrot, Mikey, for annoyin...
by dragonfly
Aug 10, 2009 8:39 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: Utah State Prison makes PETA top 10 veggie-friendly penitent
Replies: 4
Views: 2325

the prison-industrial complex is bad.

but that's a step in the right direction.
by dragonfly
Dec 17, 2008 3:22 am
Forum: Science, Philosophy, Religion
Topic: Darwin Tears: The Devolution of Man
Replies: 2
Views: 4132

That is indeed horrible, what a sad statement on the state of the world.
by dragonfly
Dec 17, 2008 3:19 am
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: The munchies!
Replies: 13
Views: 3644

It happens.
by dragonfly
Dec 17, 2008 3:18 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Are you Vegan Sexual
Replies: 8
Views: 2885

No. i think the whole concept is a bit ridiculous myself. However i would not be able to and could not force myself to like somebody whom eats the corpses of dead animals, calls it adequate nutrition and doesn't understand the fundamentals of animal rights.
by dragonfly
Dec 16, 2008 11:34 pm
Forum: Science, Philosophy, Religion
Topic: What makes a good person?
Replies: 7
Views: 5738

"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace." John Lennon "If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian." Paul McCartney "To become vegetarian is to step into the stream which leads to nirvana." Buddha "...
by dragonfly
Dec 13, 2008 8:55 pm
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: Are you veggie if you eat fish?
Replies: 12
Views: 5449

If you consume or use any animal products then you are not vegan. From Vegan Society : ⋅  Question: What is a vegan? Answer: A vegan is someone who tries to live without exploiting animals, for the benefit of animals, people and the planet. Vegans eat a plant-based diet, with nothing comin...
by dragonfly
Dec 13, 2008 8:54 pm
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: Don't only humans have the ability to use tools?
Replies: 5
Views: 4624

Re: Don't only humans have the ability to use tools?

jenisv wrote:Don't only humans have the ability to use tools?
No.
by dragonfly
Dec 13, 2008 8:53 pm
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: Don't only humans understand abstract concepts?
Replies: 3
Views: 4397

Re: Don't only humans understand abstract concepts?

Zuban wrote:Don't only humans have the ability to use language and understand abstract concepts?
It depends on your definition for abstract concept. Use of language is also poorly defined, other species are definitely capable of communication.
by dragonfly
Dec 13, 2008 8:35 pm
Forum: Science, Philosophy, Religion
Topic: Ozone Depletion contributes to Ocean Acidification
Replies: 0
Views: 2058

Ozone Depletion contributes to Ocean Acidification

Ozone Depletion Contributes to Ocean Acidification in the Southern Ocean Forty percent: That is the share of annual oceanic carbon dioxide uptake accounted for by the Southern Ocean. Given that oceans comprise Earth's largest carbon sink, that is not an insignificant figure; indeed, this sole regio...
by dragonfly
Dec 13, 2008 8:30 pm
Forum: Science, Philosophy, Religion
Topic: Did Magnetic Blip Trigger Mass Extinction?
Replies: 0
Views: 1784

Did Magnetic Blip Trigger Mass Extinction?

Did Magnetic Blip Trigger Mass Extinction? Dec. 12, 2008 -- It was a dying on a scale never seen before or since on Earth. The slaughter was everywhere; the fertile ocean and balmy supercontinent Pangea were transformed into killing fields, littered with the bodies of ancient animals. By the time t...
by dragonfly
Dec 13, 2008 4:56 am
Forum: Science, Philosophy, Religion
Topic: Why the veggie burger tastes just as good as a non-veg one
Replies: 5
Views: 4375

Why the veggie burger tastes just as good as a non-veg one

Meat eaters live a lie While a big, juicy steak may indeed be culinary nirvana for many, your taste for beef could be based in part on expectation rather than reality. On the assumption that meat is associated with social power in some peoples' minds, researchers rated study participants on what th...
by dragonfly
Dec 13, 2008 1:19 am
Forum: Veganism And The Environment Forum
Topic: Is a Prius good for the environment?
Replies: 10
Views: 6045

i believe that a Prius is good for the environment, and all hybrid cars are a step in the right direction. Smog standards don't change and the batteries can be recycled. So obviously hybrid cars are not worse on the environment. :roll:
by dragonfly
Dec 13, 2008 1:16 am
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: Studies show that dogs have a sense of fairness
Replies: 4
Views: 6547

Studies show that dogs have a sense of fairness

Studies show dogs have sense of fairness No fair! What parent hasn't heard that from a child who thinks another youngster got more of something? Well, it turns out dogs can react the same way. Ask them to do a trick and they'll give it a try. For a reward, sausage say, they'll happily keep at it. B...
by dragonfly
Dec 12, 2008 7:24 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: What makes us human?
Replies: 37
Views: 12598

I think that compassion and abstract thinking is what makes us human. Those variables that you have cited are open to wide interpretation. Animals are capable of compassionate behavior and animals communicate with one another even different species do this. And how does one concisely define abstrac...
by dragonfly
Dec 9, 2008 5:37 am
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: What makes us human?
Replies: 37
Views: 12598

Animals feel emotions too.
by dragonfly
Nov 21, 2007 1:30 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Eat Squirrels not Soy!
Replies: 15
Views: 4527

This was a genuine report on national UK television: I was surprised that it was put on TV! :-? No one on the programme challenged the view that soy was bad for the environment. I was interested to see if anyone here had heard similar stories, and whether it was true. If people are going to say thi...
by dragonfly
Oct 23, 2007 6:19 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: 100,000 March, 200 Arrested in Dramatic Mass Die-In
Replies: 2
Views: 1861

100,000 March, 200 Arrested in Dramatic Mass Die-In

100,000 March Against Iraq War in Washington, 200 Arrested in Dramatic Mass Die-In 100,000 March Against Iraq War in Washington, 200 Arrested in Dramatic Mass Die-In Yesterday, nearly 100,000 people -- led by anti-war Iraq veterans, military families and others -- marched from the White House to th...
by dragonfly
Oct 16, 2007 9:46 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Vegetable Boxes
Replies: 6
Views: 2889

They simply fill a box with assorted vegetables. Sometimes the farm might pack some cheese, eggs, pickles or jam, if you want. Organic or not, dairy is not vegan. - The fruit and veg in the supermarkets is over-packaged, not organic, and imported from other countries. When they do sell organic food...
by dragonfly
Oct 16, 2007 9:42 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Eat Squirrels not Soy!
Replies: 15
Views: 4527

That's just crazy, there are several ideas left hanging in the breeze here.
And i take it you are not a vegan then BegBecka, by the tone of your post. :-?
i think a humane and non-violent solution should be quite easy to arrive at.
by dragonfly
Apr 3, 2007 4:29 am
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: What makes us human?
Replies: 37
Views: 12598

AndyBa wrote:Hey dragonfly!!!!
Welcome back!!! :D
Hi Andy. It's good to be back.
by dragonfly
Mar 9, 2007 3:23 am
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: What makes us human?
Replies: 37
Views: 12598

First we have to understand what does it mean to be human. :) What the dictionary is saying? hu·man n. 1. A member of the genus Homo and especially of the species H. sapiens. 2. A person: the extraordinary humans who explored Antarctica. adj. 1. Of, relating to, or characteristic of humans: the cou...

Go to advanced search