Search found 52 matches

by CircularMotion
Jun 21, 2011 1:29 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: UGGS!?!! WHY IS IT ACCEPTABLE TO WEAR THEM?
Replies: 7
Views: 3571

Re: UGGS!?!! WHY IS IT ACCEPTABLE TO WEAR THEM?

They are also sheepskin. :/
by CircularMotion
Apr 14, 2011 1:04 pm
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: A matter of perspective
Replies: 26
Views: 4443

Re: A matter of perspective

A) Then why is this website (and the label many 'vegans' give themselves) not 'almost'-vegan? It may not roll of the tongue but it's the truth. B) You're implying that being a Vegan is an inherently good thing like curing diseases is. It is not. Your comparison is wrong as is the message behind it....
by CircularMotion
Apr 13, 2011 2:37 pm
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: A matter of perspective
Replies: 26
Views: 4443

Re: A matter of perspective

Exactly my point, by creating an unambiguous definition of what a Vegan is based on their values, one can see that it is practically impossible to exist as one due to the immense amount of wastage/ impracticality. This doesn't mean that people can't try to be vegan, but to be a true vegan is border...
by CircularMotion
Apr 1, 2011 9:32 pm
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: A matter of perspective
Replies: 26
Views: 4443

Re: A matter of perspective

I see what you're saying, but what you are implying is that people feed animals solely foodstuffs suitable for human consumption. When you get down to the practical side of things most of the time the food that farm animals eat is not suitable for human consumption i.e.: Grass. If we fed sheep mush...
by CircularMotion
Mar 18, 2011 12:48 pm
Forum: Science, Philosophy, Religion
Topic: Why bother
Replies: 30
Views: 15638

Re: Why bother

Responding purely to your synthesis of his argument of: It matters because we care. Logically that means that it doesn't matter because I don't care (not me as in myself just as in anyone). Unsubstantial claims can be dismissed insubstantially. Of course there are some humans who don't care. Just a...
by CircularMotion
Feb 17, 2011 1:30 pm
Forum: Science, Philosophy, Religion
Topic: Why bother
Replies: 30
Views: 15638

Re: Why bother

George Monbiot addresses this in his article The Natural Aesthete... I think it's an interesting thing! It certainly depends on if you are a religious or not. If not, then Monbiot argues, who cares? Why does it matter? The universe certainly does not care as in however many years, the sun will explo...
by CircularMotion
Feb 17, 2011 1:21 pm
Forum: Veganism And The Environment Forum
Topic: Cruise Ships Worse For Environment Than Planes
Replies: 7
Views: 4438

Re: Cruise Ships Worse For Environment Than Planes

I have to say here that excessive CO2 emissions would occur no matter what ---> pulling ships equals even more aircrafts in the air in order to carry the cargo of these ships ---> just as must CO2 in the long run.
by CircularMotion
Feb 17, 2011 1:17 pm
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: prevent other animals from killing and eating each other?
Replies: 38
Views: 26688

Re: prevent other animals from killing and eating each other

So...it's ok for any other animal that wants to eat meat to do so except for the human animal? If the reasoning behind this is that non-human animals have it as instinct well, so do people. When a species eats meat for pretty much it's entire excistence not only does it become the social norm, it a...
by CircularMotion
Feb 17, 2011 1:15 pm
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: A matter of perspective
Replies: 26
Views: 4443

Re: A matter of perspective

If you're trying to say that because we're reducing slaughtering animals, we're contributing to world hunger, that is very skewed and flawed information. Not only to we have enough food RIGHT NOW to feed the world many times over, but removing livestock and poultry will not hinder this at all, eith...
by CircularMotion
Jan 16, 2011 2:20 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: thinking about going vegan but need help
Replies: 13
Views: 2542

Re: Thinking About Going Vegan But Need Help

Also, bulk food store usually cater WONDERFULLY to vegans. I find buying things bulk is much cheaper. You can get all kind of things there from all different beans, pastas, grains, flax seed and other seeds, nut and dried fruit mixes, flour/sugars etc, and the ones around here almost always have som...
by CircularMotion
Dec 10, 2010 5:02 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Fast Food Nation
Replies: 6
Views: 4261

Re: Fast Food Nation

I haven't read or watched either, but I think I would rather read the book as I hear the movie is sort of just loosely based on the book. If the movie was a documentary though! Also very interesting [though I haven't seen the whole thing, only clips..] The same guy who does Supersize me! has a TV se...
by CircularMotion
Dec 10, 2010 4:59 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Are you an 'organic' vegan?
Replies: 9
Views: 2110

Re: Are you an 'organic' vegan?

Agreed! I would love to be able to purchase everything organic but gosh it's really expensive here and being an extremely broke student it's definitely not a possibility for me! By chance though, a lot of the products like soap, shampoo, etc that I buy are organic, because organic & vegan with t...
by CircularMotion
Dec 10, 2010 4:39 pm
Forum: Veganism And The Environment Forum
Topic: Now companies are going green right from the start
Replies: 14
Views: 8116

Re: Now companies are going green right from the start

You can't pick a side when it is convenient for you, but use the advantages of the other side. You're human like all of the people you despise. Ya, enjoy your 99.98% carnivorous peers. I'm hanging out and identify with zillions of dead vegetarians; and the bodycount is rising, because of your "...
by CircularMotion
Dec 10, 2010 4:36 pm
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: We Are Not A Vegetarian Species
Replies: 30
Views: 21984

Re: We Are Not A Vegetarian Species

Circular.... I could give a shit less what you think of me. I have more respect for the dead cows, then the people that killed them. I.... didn't say anything at all about what I thought about you, at the very least not in that post. :/ I agree with most of what you're saying just not the manner in...
by CircularMotion
Dec 3, 2010 12:52 pm
Forum: Veganism And The Environment Forum
Topic: Now companies are going green right from the start
Replies: 14
Views: 8116

Re: Now companies are going green right from the start

meateatereater wrote:
CircularMotion wrote:You are a human too, you know.

You may call me that, but I'd say your incorrect.
I am, an animal.


An animal that uses human technology. :lol:

You can't pick a side when it is convenient for you, but use the advantages of the other side. You're human like all of the people you despise.
by CircularMotion
Dec 3, 2010 12:51 pm
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: We Are Not A Vegetarian Species
Replies: 30
Views: 21984

Re: We Are Not A Vegetarian Species

That's not true at all. Some are listening. I was not always vegan, so clearly I listened. You have to have respect for people to have them have respect for you. Intolerance doesn't go far. Because I don't have religious views, or because I enjoy a lot of the principles of Buddhism, should I slit t...
by CircularMotion
Dec 1, 2010 12:21 am
Forum: Veganism And The Environment Forum
Topic: Now companies are going green right from the start
Replies: 14
Views: 8116

Re: Now companies are going green right from the start

It's not one or the other, it's both. Save it for someone that dont know. I myself am fully aware of the impact veganism and the "green" lifestyle have on the environment. I just think respecting one-another as sentient beings is way more important that caring about the litter we produce ...
by CircularMotion
Dec 1, 2010 12:19 am
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: We Are Not A Vegetarian Species
Replies: 30
Views: 21984

Re: We Are Not A Vegetarian Species

It's because of brash violent statements like this one, that people will not listen to what we as Vegans and Vegetarians have to say about the state of our food system. They arent listening anyways. And veganism isnt about kindness to me, Its about respect. The perfect example is: Your condescendin...
by CircularMotion
Nov 30, 2010 6:38 pm
Forum: New Members
Topic: Why has no one considered this vegan product?
Replies: 1
Views: 2024

Re: Why has no one considered this vegan product?

Hi: I’m currently thinking of a hypothetical diet product that is vegan-friendly and has all the vegetables, fruits, herbs, algae, seaweed, mushrooms and other non-animal organisms that are necessary/beneficial for human health. It also contains beneficial and essential microbes [such as probiotics...
by CircularMotion
Nov 30, 2010 6:36 pm
Forum: Veganism And The Environment Forum
Topic: Now companies are going green right from the start
Replies: 14
Views: 8116

Re: Now companies are going green right from the start

I think the whole green movement is a joke. Its another way meat eaters are taking advantage of vegans (as if they are responsible for saving the world). You dont have to be a vegan to be green by social standards. I met this couple that was passing through where I live and they were very pro-green...
by CircularMotion
Nov 30, 2010 6:32 pm
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: Mercy for All Animals
Replies: 17
Views: 5901

Re: Mercy for All Animals

I think I can never understand why people exploit animals. Do they really feel happy watching these animals get hurt? Do they not think that what if these creatures also talk to each other and plan a war to humans. I know I sound crazy but it's just a thought. :) Some people do enjoy hurting animal...
by CircularMotion
Nov 30, 2010 6:30 pm
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: We Are Not A Vegetarian Species
Replies: 30
Views: 21984

Re: We Are Not A Vegetarian Species

If I could, I'd kick your face in and slit your throat for killing & eating my friends... ...but then some other meat eater would throw me in jail. It's because of brash violent statements like this one, that people will not listen to what we as Vegans and Vegetarians have to say about the stat...
by CircularMotion
Nov 30, 2010 2:29 pm
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: We Are Not A Vegetarian Species
Replies: 30
Views: 21984

Re: We Are Not A Vegetarian Species

What annoys me is the way that some vegetarians look down on me because i eat meat. I will not be apologetic for eating meat, i do however try to avoid factory farmed foods. Even if they do hold this opinion, it is their responsibility to keep their opinions to themselves. :) Each person has their ...
by CircularMotion
Nov 24, 2010 12:47 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Not a "proper" vegan?
Replies: 8
Views: 1791

Re: Not A "proper" Vegan?

Unfortunately very wrong. :( Just by buying eggs you are supporting the chicken killing industry. What happens to the male chicks? They are either shoved in garbage bags [worst cases] or sold to chickenfarmers where they then go into the poultry industry... Often free range labels are VERY misleadin...
by CircularMotion
Nov 23, 2010 2:34 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Not a "proper" vegan?
Replies: 8
Views: 1791

Re: Not A "proper" Vegan?

I would say you are primarily vegan, but why make those exceptions? If you are lets say... enlightened? About what goes on in the process of getting other dairy, etc... It applies to other things as well. It would be one more step to cut out eggs, or to switch to Agave nectar. :D [Which is delicious...
by CircularMotion
Nov 21, 2010 1:53 pm
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: We Are Not A Vegetarian Species
Replies: 30
Views: 21984

Re: We Are Not A Vegetarian Species

It takes tools to do these things, and people have not always had tools. Sure, it takes a spear or a stickbow or a pointy rock for us to kill an animal quickly and easily. I mean, we could kill them with our bare hands (like other primates do) but it would be more difficult. Not to mention more mes...
by CircularMotion
Nov 16, 2010 2:21 am
Forum: How to build a Vegan World
Topic: Influencing Christians to be Vegan
Replies: 7
Views: 5371

Re: Influencing Christians to be Vegan

(Genesis 1:29-31): “God said, “Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree, which bears fruit yielding seed. It will be your food.” However.... Then God said, "Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, and subdue it. Have dominion ov...
by CircularMotion
Nov 12, 2010 2:23 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Ask CedarLane Foods to switch to non-casein soy cheese
Replies: 2
Views: 886

Re: Ask CedarLane Foods To Switch To Non-casein Soy Cheese

That's unfortunate! I sent them a message. :)
by CircularMotion
Nov 12, 2010 2:18 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Vegan Questionaire- Please help
Replies: 4
Views: 1113

Re: Vegan Questionaire- Please Help

1. Ethical, political, dietary, environmental and economical! It's cheaper for me, it's much better for the environment, animal cruelty and factory farming is wretched, no need to support giant factory farms destroying farmers economy, and it's good for you! 2. I eat MUCH healthier! A lot of people ...
by CircularMotion
Nov 9, 2010 1:41 pm
Forum: Vegan Relationships
Topic: How you handle relationships where only one is vegan?
Replies: 43
Views: 27163

Re: How you handle relationships where only one is vegan?

meign wrote:does this mean that you are not in a relationship right now? Circularmotion


Correct. There does not seem to be an abundance of male vegetarians here. :/ Or even one lol
by CircularMotion
Nov 4, 2010 11:41 pm
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: prevent other animals from killing and eating each other?
Replies: 38
Views: 26688

Re: prevent other animals from killing and eating each other

CrystalMV wrote:Yes, we should prevent other animals from killing each other for pleasure. But I find it hard to believe this could happen without an intervention of human.



Animals kill out of necessity.
by CircularMotion
Nov 4, 2010 2:43 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Losing a bit of admiration for Angelina Jolie
Replies: 8
Views: 1965

Re: Losing a bit of admiration for Angelina Jolie

Is this true??? I can't believe it... I haven't heard anyone who have been hurt taking a vegan diet... almost all are positive... Don't you think this is because of her lifestyle? It's very possibly because of her lifestyle, but again I think she could have used it to her advantage. I hear the majo...
by CircularMotion
Nov 4, 2010 2:42 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Why I'm vegan?
Replies: 54
Views: 30679

Re: Why I'm vegan?

meign wrote:It seemed that Earthling is a good tool of converting people to vegan :D


It is nicknamed the vegan maker for a reason! :)
by CircularMotion
Nov 3, 2010 10:43 pm
Forum: General Conversations
Topic: Defining Terms
Replies: 11
Views: 1963

Re: Defining Terms

Adam, what word do you propose for us to use instead of carnivore? :) A Milk-Cheese-Yogurt-Egg-Flesh-Gelatin-Inclusive diet? ;P I haven't really thought about that! :) I usually say a non-vegan diet, or a meat-eating diet. I suppose this is a little umm.... backwards maybe? And a result of the upbr...
by CircularMotion
Nov 3, 2010 10:38 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Oh boy...and so the detox process begins again....
Replies: 6
Views: 1785

Re: Oh Boy...and So The Detox Process Begins Again....

So glad you've decided to try and take the leap! We're all here to support you every step in the way, and you will feel so much better because of it. :) It's very hard, and I know just passing through the Halloween season with four roommates gorging on chocolates was not an easy experience, especial...
by CircularMotion
Nov 3, 2010 10:36 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Why I'm vegan?
Replies: 54
Views: 30679

Re: Why I'm Vegan?

I feel like a fledgling veg here. :) I became vegetarian actually a year ago to this date. It all started with someone I'm willing to bet a lot of you are familiar with... Earthlings. The pure shock value of this movie turned me off meat instantly, and I haven't eaten it since. For a few days after ...
by CircularMotion
Nov 3, 2010 2:35 am
Forum: Animal Rights Forum
Topic: prevent other animals from killing and eating each other?
Replies: 38
Views: 26688

Re: prevent other animals from killing and eating each other

So...it's ok for any other animal that wants to eat meat to do so except for the human animal? If the reasoning behind this is that non-human animals have it as instinct well, so do people. When a species eats meat for pretty much it's entire excistence not only does it become the social norm, it a...
by CircularMotion
Nov 3, 2010 2:26 am
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: A matter of perspective
Replies: 26
Views: 4443

Re: A matter of perspective

If you're trying to say that because we're reducing slaughtering animals, we're contributing to world hunger, that is very skewed and flawed information. Not only to we have enough food RIGHT NOW to feed the world many times over, but removing livestock and poultry will not hinder this at all, eithe...
by CircularMotion
Nov 1, 2010 2:08 am
Forum: Vegan Relationships
Topic: How you handle relationships where only one is vegan?
Replies: 43
Views: 27163

Re: How you handle relationships where only one is vegan?

I haven't really been in this situation since going vegan, and was only briefly as a vegetarian. I'm a little anxious/excited to see how it turns out. Of course, I would ideally love to find someone who is also a vegetarian, but so far no luck. ;P As for trying to convert them, I don't think I'm ove...
by CircularMotion
Nov 1, 2010 1:55 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: thinking about going vegan but need help
Replies: 13
Views: 2542

Re: Thinking About Going Vegan But Need Help

I'm a vegan uni student as well! My grocery bill... Hmm... hard to say because I work at a grocery store and I shop a little bit frequently. Fresh produce! :D However, I probably spend about 25$ a week. Definitely not very expensive groceries. The most expensive part is replacing your carnivore diet...
by CircularMotion
Nov 1, 2010 1:49 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Losing a bit of admiration for Angelina Jolie
Replies: 8
Views: 1965

Re: Losing A Bit Of Admiration For Angelina Jolie

AndyBa wrote:This is quite sad. Having all that money and not being able to stay healthy on a vegan diet, when you can get the most nutritious vegan food you want. That's sad.



And to go as far as saying it nearly killed her, and that a good steak is a beauty secret? D:
by CircularMotion
Oct 30, 2010 2:04 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Losing a bit of admiration for Angelina Jolie
Replies: 8
Views: 1965

Re: Losing A Bit Of Admiration For Angelina Jolie

While I do find her kind hearted because she adopts needy kids, I have to say, that beyond that, I just dislike intensely how this woman looks. The outsized lips and tits. But, then again, this is the Hollywood canon of beauty for women. Bah! As for her needing to eat red meat, bah humbug to that, ...
by CircularMotion
Oct 29, 2010 5:49 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Losing a bit of admiration for Angelina Jolie
Replies: 8
Views: 1965

Losing a bit of admiration for Angelina Jolie

For a long time I really looked up to her as someone I aspired to be like. Someone who seems to have so much compassion for other people and does so many wonderful things through UNHCR is what inspired me to be in the path that I'm on right now. However, this recent-ish statement she made really dis...
by CircularMotion
Oct 29, 2010 5:33 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Vegan Cigarettes not Tested on Animals
Replies: 27
Views: 26994

Re: Vegan Cigarettes not Tested on Animals

This is interesting! This is definitely something I had never thought of before... I know next to nothing about cigarettes, because I don't smoke and never have... Would it be the same if you were to try and find someone who sells the tobacco kind of wholesale? Or potentially try finding a loose tob...
by CircularMotion
Oct 27, 2010 12:15 pm
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: Wild game vs domestic meat?
Replies: 12
Views: 7431

Re: Wild game vs domestic meat?

Personally, that's how it should be done. We were not made to factory farm animals. It is possible to exist, as many of us here at VegTalk are doing without any animal products, but personally, I do not have the time, resources, or the correct location to farm my own animals, or to go into the great...
by CircularMotion
Oct 27, 2010 12:11 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Oohhhhh my God I slipped up so badly....and now I'm paying
Replies: 18
Views: 3879

Re: Oohhhhh My God I Slipped Up So Badly....and Now I'm Payi

Like everyone else has said before me, just hang in there! :) It is up to you which choices you make, and ultimately you will know which ones are better for your body and which ones you can handle. Your body will thank you! But if you do slip up, its not the end of the world. Like Meign said, slowly...
by CircularMotion
Oct 24, 2010 12:48 pm
Forum: How to build a Vegan World
Topic: Influencing Christians to be Vegan
Replies: 7
Views: 5371

Re: Influencing Christians to be Vegan

(Genesis 1:29-31): “God said, “Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree, which bears fruit yielding seed. It will be your food.” However.... Then God said, "Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, and subdue it. Have dominion ov...
by CircularMotion
Oct 20, 2010 1:13 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Coconut "TREE OF LIFE"
Replies: 6
Views: 1157

Re: Coconut "TREE OF LIFE"

meign wrote:Hi there Circularmotion... try coconut milk with you veggies is great... it is also good for cleansing diet :D


I picked up some low-fat coconut milk today while at work [I work at a a grocery store, it's very handy!] And I can't wait to try it out!
by CircularMotion
Oct 17, 2010 1:08 pm
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: Coconut "TREE OF LIFE"
Replies: 6
Views: 1157

Re: Coconut "TREE OF LIFE"

Wow.... I've never had coconut! What is wrong with me! hah

I guess that's the next thing I should try is some coconut milk. =)
by CircularMotion
Oct 17, 2010 1:08 pm
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: Without us animals would not have had the chance to be born
Replies: 7
Views: 4538

Re:

How sheep handle this in the wild? Hmm, that's a good point... :) Sheep were domesticated about 10,000 years ago. The species has been manipulated to suit human desire for meat and wool, with the result that sheep now bear little resemblance to their wild ancestors... Wool insulates sheep from the ...
by CircularMotion
Oct 8, 2010 11:50 am
Forum: Vegan Chat
Topic: WHY NOT LEATHER?
Replies: 6
Views: 3412

Re: WHY NOT LEATHER?

I remember from the film Earthlings that leather cows in India don't have it very good. Since it is illegal to kill cows there due to their sacred status, they are often walked out of the country, not fed any food or water, their tails are cut off and sometimes sand and other things are rubbed into ...
by CircularMotion
Oct 8, 2010 11:45 am
Forum: Veggie Questions and Answers
Topic: We Are Not A Vegetarian Species
Replies: 30
Views: 21984

Re: We Are Not A Vegetarian Species

Can you catch and kill a wild animal with your bare hands, and eat it raw, with your bare teeth? Because if humans have been eating animals since the time they could stand, that's what they'd have been doing.


It takes tools to do these things, and people have not always had tools.

Go to advanced search