what can he do to lose male breast

Hi… My best friend he is on 17 and suffering from the issue male breast and it feel so much embarrassed for him. So can you guys pleased what kind of diet or exercise which helps him to rid from this problem. I have one more question I read somewhere about gynecomastia surgery (akclinics.org/gynecomastia/) is this safe to treat this problem.

Gynecomastia can NOT be treated with exercise and dieting. In fact, doing push ups or other exercises that develop the pectoral muscles underneath the breast tissue can make things worst. This is because the developed muscles will push the breasts tissue outward making them look bigger than they really are.

If the problem is new, it may be treated with Selective estrogen receptor modulator medications such as Letrozole. This is a pretty effective treatment during the first 2 to 3 years of breasts development. After that period of time, the breast tissue tends to remain and harden due to maturation, leaving surgery the only treatment option. Simply put, the sooner you get treated, the better the results.

Surgery is an option for some people but not for all. Mainly due to cost. Plastic surgery is very expensive and not everyone can affort it. There is a couple of other options. You could wear a compression garment which hides the condition, or just learn to live with it.