Veganism and muscular dystrophy?

I am considering becoming vegan. I have been a vegetarian off and on my entire life, but my aversion to meat is increasing. I am vegetarian again and have a new aversion to eggs, cheese… etc. My main concern about becoming vegan is the fact that I have muscular dystrophy. My muscles deteriorate gradually and the deterioration is unfortunately increasing more rapidly. I’m very concerned about my protein intake and I am also anemic. Any suggestions, tips and/or advice would be very much appreciated.

TIA!

Hello, Linz.
How do you know that your muscles deteriorate?
Do you exercise? What do you usually eat?

Hello Linz,

It sounds that your current diet is helping your illness at all

if you want expert advice try drjoeesposito. com & also drjoeesposito. com/radio.html for the radio show downloads.
You can even email him free & he usually replies. - Sorry system wont let me put the urls in

There are many myths about a vegan diet but there are so many sources of protein with non of the downsides of meat.
meat protein takes alot of work & energy by the body to break it down plus you will also be absorbing drugs fed to the animals, antibiotics & much more

I would also try to increase your raw food intake too as this really helps with all sorts of illness as the body as more energy.
Do it gently as going raw food straight away may give your system a bit ff a shock

Hope that helps & let us know how you get on

G

Antioxidants are very useful in muscular dystrophy treatment and the best way to obtain it is by eating it, but only a few because antioxidant are rich in strongly color and strongly flavored foods. It is found more on spices esp in clove, oregano, tumeric, ginger and cinnamon. One of the best way to take oregano is steaming the leaves then press it and get it juice. For you to easily drink it, you may put some muscovado sugar and calamansi or lemon… hope this will help you :smiley:

Eating protein does NOT prevent muscle loss. Not exercising, exercising improperly, malnutrition, or disease causes muscle loss. Protein deficiency is extremely rare and usually only seen in people who are suffering from severe malnutrition.

What kind of muscular dystrophy do you have?

A friend of mine told me that exercising or even walking everyday can also help people with this illness…