Troubles

General health discussions for vegans. Discuss tips, tricks and methods on how to maintain Good Health and Physical Fitness while being vegan. Discuss Exercises, slimming diets and much more.
EchoingJohn
Vegan Forum noob

Troubles

Postby EchoingJohn » Jun 11, 2019 3:01 pm

Hello to everyone!

I am starting this thread because as of this month I am completing 2 years as a vegan.
Now, the thing is that 6 months into the vegan diet I started developing a devastating condition, called Peyronie's.
Peyronie's means that erections are accompanied with pain, as well as a curving of the reproductive organ, which makes intercourse a bit difficult, as well as bringing on a lot of psychological stress.

Since I don't have a family history, nor did this ever happen to me before, I somehow connected this problem with the vegan diet, so one day I tried some animal products and indeed it seemed to ease the pain, a lot actually. That was about one year into veganism. After this , I returned to not eating any animal products for a year again.
By that, I mean whole plant foods,cooked with no oils, healthy fats, plenty of Ω 3's, greens and fruits.

Now, I am absolutely depressed by this, makes me not want to be involved in a relationship with a girl, basically making my life completely miserable. I have forgotten about my sex life for months now, abstaining from any sexual activity whatsoever to see if it helps with the condition.

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT an anti-vegan.
I am basically put to tears every time I see animals being abused.

If there is anyone out there who has combated such a thing, it would mean the world to me if someone has any suggestions at all.
Having tried a lot of things such as pills and supplements nothing seemed to do much of a difference for me.
I feel disgusted in myself eating animals again.

Wishing well-being to everyone reading this.

Thanks for taking the time,
John

Return to “General Health and Beauty Forum”