Can a poor vegetarian diet cause dental problems like recedi

Absolutely, a poor vegetarian diet (a poor ANY type of diet) can lead to dental problems.

Throughout the lifecycle, a healthy diet, paired with good oral health care habits, are our best defense against problems with gums and teeth. Most people don’t think much about oral health care in the early years, but it turns out that pregnancy and early life present golden opportunities to instill good dental and eating habits that promote the future health of the teeth and gums. For example, although infants should have their first dental visit by the age of 1 year, most parents wait until after most of the primary teeth erupt, usually around the age of 2 or 3 years. By then, cavities and other oral health problems, such as thumb sucking, can be well underway. Lack of early oral care also increases the risk of cavities later on, especially if the child has developed habits like snacking on sweets.

Children over two and adults should go to the dentist twice a year for a professional cleaning. Some children might need fluoride treatments or be prescribed a fluoride supplement; this depends on the fluoride content of your drinking water and of the current oral health. Your pediatrician or dentist is the best person to ask about fluoride. Never self-supplement yourself or a child with fluoride, as this mineral is toxic in large quantities.

Healthy teeth and gums depend on a diet with optimal amounts of ALL the vitamins and minerals. It’s so important to consume plenty of servings from each of the food groups: vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and legumes. A vegan multivitamin/mineral supplement is also recommended. If the diet does not contain reliable sources of vitamins B12 and D, at least these 2 nutrients should be included in a supplement.

A diet with too many refined carbohydrates, such as sugar and processed flours, puts us at risk for dental problems. This is because bacteria feed on the carbohydrates we eat and that are left in the mouth, promoting tooth decay and gum damage. The more carbohydrates present, the more bacteria, and the more decay. This is true not only for “junk” like candy but also for healthy foods such as dried fruits. For this reason, frequent brushing and flossing are recommended, especially after meals and snacks, even more especially if the meal or snack has a high sugar content.

Thanks for this posts… I can apply this to my growing daughters… tanks a lot;)

i got this…hope this will you…

[size=50]roseville dentist[/size]

Thanks for information .
I am very health conscious and i always take advise from a good dentists.Normally some food product affects to oral health.We should aware.My dentists Carlisle PA Dentists is a good dentists and he treated oral disorder in well manner.

I don’t know about that but can say that scurvy gonna be a problem if not taking a proper diet and special vitamin disease also can catch you.

Well there is no doubt in that so many dental problems occur because of some unhealthy diet. You can secure yourself from so many dental problems by having some healthy and regular diet which includes fruits and vegetables in your daily meal.